Sci-Fi Romance discussion

Film, TV, and Comics > It's Official! Avatar 2 and 3!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments Have you guys heard the news? Cameron has agreed to two sequels to Avatar! What do you all think?

NebulousGloom (FK) (nebulousgloom) | 30 comments Well, the first one certainly made enough money, so it makes sense. I didn't like Avatar at all, but I love Aliens and Terminator. So, who knows what the new ones will be like. I'd be interested to see where he goes with it. -- Felicia

message 3: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 336 comments My family loves the movie - that's great news.

message 4: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments I've heard that the next ones might center on the ocean of their world, so I'm really curious about this one.

message 5: by CaliGirlRae (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 67 comments Can't wait!

message 6: by Ester (new)

Ester (esterlopez) | 6 comments I loved Avatar! I can't wait to see the next two.

message 7: by Alisha (new)

Alisha (schalazeal) | 2 comments This is fantastic. The first movie rocked my socks off, and if there's anyone who can do a great sequel, it's Cameron (e.g. Aliens, Terminator 2)!

message 8: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments I saw a trailer at the cinema for a Cameron film, and I was hoping that it was Avatar 2 since the trailer had something to do with water, but alas! It was just a cave-diving/crisis film. Rather underwhelming compared to Avatar, LOL.

message 9: by AgtDianaPrince (new)

AgtDianaPrince | 10 comments This is fantastic news! I adored Avatar, the characters, the visual effects, the world, people, culture, everything. I mean, how beautiful was Pandora? I loved it!

message 10: by new_user (last edited Dec 01, 2010 12:26PM) (new)

new_user | 755 comments Very beautiful! I hope the sequels' visuals are just as great, and I'd really like to learn more about Pandora! They were so creative with the animal and plant life and culture!

message 11: by Chaeya (new)

Chaeya | 31 comments Yay! What more can I say!

Chaeya

message 12: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Borgne (cinders23) | 7 comments I just noticed this post. Does anyone know the status on this?

message 13: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments They're filming now. Avatar's sequel's due in Dec. 2014 and the third movie in 2015. Cameron's said that it won't be called "Avatar 2" because of Avatar's ending. He suggested something like Na'vi would be more accurate.

They'll be self-contained stories but part of a larger story arc. He plans to direct, and Fox has said the movies are a priority for the studio. A portion of the proceeds will go towards environmental causes, and the "surviving" cast of Avatar will return in some form in the second movie. :)