Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Kresely Cole - Bio and AOM Challenge

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Oct 29, 2010 12:59PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments http://kresleycole.com

Bio from her website:
Before becoming a writer, Kresley Cole was a world-ranked athlete and Master's grad. Since her first novel was published in 2003, she has sold a total of fifteen books and two novellas in two different subgenres, and has seen her releases translated into sixteen foreign languages.

Cole followed her highly acclaimed Sutherland Series historicals with the bestselling MacCarrick Brothers Series, a trilogy of Highlander historical romances, as well as the continuing Immortals After Dark Series, a two-time RITA® award-winning paranormal romance collection, all with Pocket Books.

In January 2009, Cole became a #1 New York Times and Publishers Weekly bestseller with her sixth IAD installment, Kiss of a Demon King.

She lives in Florida with her husband and far too many dogs.

Her books:
Immortals After Dark Series
A Hunger Like No Other
No Rest for the Wicked
Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night
Dark Needs at Night's Edge
Dark Desires After Dusk
Kiss of a Demon King
Pleasure of a Dark Prince
Demon from the Dark
Dreams of a Dark Warrior

A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole Demon from the Dark by Kresley Cole Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole

Anthologies
Playing Easy to Get
Deep Kiss of Winter

Playing Easy to Get by Sherrilyn Kenyon Deep Kiss of Winter by Kresley Cole

The MacCarrick Brothers Trilogy
If You Dare
If You Desire
If You Deceive

If You Dare (MacCarrick Brothers, #1) by Kresley Cole If You Desire (MacCarrick Brothers, #2) by Kresley Cole If You Deceive (MacCarrick Brothers, #3) by Kresley Cole

The Sutherland Brothers Series
The Captain of All Pleasures
The Price of Pleasure

The Captain of All Pleasures (Sutherland Brothers, #1) by Kresley Cole The Price of Pleasure (Sutherland Brothers, #2) by Kresley Cole

Also, this thread is for the Author of the Month Challenge! For anyone that's new to the group, the AOM challenge is to try to read one book/short story by the author that we are spotlighting that month. It's just a fun way to either get to know a new author, or if you are already a fan, re-read an old favorite. Post here which book you will be reading, and let us know when you finish it!!

message 2: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4532 comments The story in Playing Easy to Get is the prequel to Immortals After Dark, and is also available separately as an ebook.

The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole The Warlord Wants Forever

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Thanks Sandra :)

message 4: by Angelika (new)

Angelika | 40 comments I only have one of her books so far just to try the series, so it will be A Hunger Like No Other A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie Larsen (katie006) | 19 comments I have been working my way though the Immortals After Dark series for the last two weeks. It is taking a while because I got sick and spent about half of that time in the hospital. I am really enjoying these so far. I am in the middle of Kiss of a Demon King right now.

message 6: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 101 comments Angelika wrote: "I only have one of her books so far just to try the series, so it will be A Hunger Like No Other A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole"

ME too but i have a few od her other books. I want to start with the first one though

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Has anyone started reading any of her books? Like them, don't like them?

message 8: by FlibBityFLooB (new)

FlibBityFLooB | 0 comments I'm working on No Rest for the Wicked. I like it better than A Hunger Like No Other so far...

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie Larsen (katie006) | 19 comments I have made it all the way through to the most recent one. All of them were pretty good, and I really liked a few of them. The only one I was diapointed in was Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9) by Kresley Cole It seemed like was mostly a setup for the next book.

message 10: by Angelika (last edited Nov 15, 2010 03:11PM) (new)

Angelika | 40 comments I'm almost finished A Hunger LIke No Other and from all the comments I've heard about it, it turned out not as bad as I was expecting. I really didn't like it at the beginning though, I will admit that...but I have read a lot worse. It got me interested enough that I got most of the rest of the series. Lucky me someone dropped off 5 of them at my local used book store.

message 11: by Jamie Leigh (new)

Jamie  Leigh I started this series at the end of October and I have really enjoyed it. I like the characters and the stoies. They are just not HEA's and their story. The sotries are full of action and suspense because you're not sure what will happen next. I'm starting Demon from the Dark today and these will be a "keeper" series.