~Opinions~ discussion

Religion > Free Will vs Destiny: Your Thoughts

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I believe in free will. How depressing/boring would it be if everything was already determined before you were even born?

message 2: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman I think we have the ability to shape our destinies, but fate will always play some part in our lives.

message 3: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments i hate the idea that i have no control over my life.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

That's profound, Gatorman :).

message 5: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Thanks, Candace. I was aiming for profound! LOL

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

You say profound things in every thread :).

message 7: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman As do you.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I try. Sometimes, I get silly, though. Fariha is a bad influence.

Yeah, Fariha, I'm talking about you :P.

message 9: by Nate (new)

Nate I believe there is free will

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I dont think we have a 'destiney' i think your life is determend by the choices you make - free will, i suppose.

message 11: by Nate (new)

Nate Lauren wrote: "I dont think we have a 'destiney' i think your life is determend by the choices you make - free will, i suppose."

I think its a mixture of both but I think Free will plays a bigger role. (Your destiny is destend to change)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Nate, did you get suspended again? :P

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I believe in free will. God gave humans free will, and so noone decides what'll happen, as it all depends on the choices we make :)

message 14: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Erm, welll this is kinda confusing but I'll try to explain. If for example ur playiing a game wid ur brother and sister... the sister being very much older. u ask them a question and u noe obviouly dat ur sis will win. Well, God knows what will happen in the end, but we have been given free will to do bad or good, as we like.

Ok, maybe dat won't make sense; first it didn't to me, but when u think abt it, it makes sense.

message 15: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Rj Amina wrote: "Erm, welll this is kinda confusing but I'll try to explain. If for example ur playiing a game wid ur brother and sister... the sister being very much older. u ask them a question and u noe obviouly..."

It makes sense to me.

message 16: by Nate (new)

Nate Candace (Amare Infinitum) wrote: "Nate, did you get suspended again? :P"

NO teacher work day LOL

message 17: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) I'm glad it does, Gatorman :P

message 18: by Nate (new)

Nate Rj Amina wrote: "Erm, welll this is kinda confusing but I'll try to explain. If for example ur playiing a game wid ur brother and sister... the sister being very much older. u ask them a question and u noe obviouly..."

Yeah I get where your coming from. But i think things like wether your born male or female, who your parents are , your apperance (eye color, height)wether you'll suffer from a deases and things like that are determind by a higher power. The daily choices we make are our own.

Example you have the coice to steal something or not. If you do your destiny is now quite possibly going to jail.

message 19: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Wow, that is the perfect way of explaining it, Nate. I actually think exactly like dat! :P

message 20: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Nate wrote: "Lauren wrote: "I dont think we have a 'destiney' i think your life is determend by the choices you make - free will, i suppose."

I think its a mixture of both but I think Free will plays a bigge..."

i like that 'your destiney is destined to change' it makes sense aswel, because i dont think your life has already been maped out for you, things change. Plus i dont think thats possible.

message 21: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Ok i just totaly spelt destiny wrong even though it is everywhere in this post! lol soz excuse my spelling, i suck! :P.

message 22: by Nate (new)

Nate Lauren wrote: "Ok i just totaly spelt destiny wrong even though it is everywhere in this post! lol soz excuse my spelling, i suck! :P."

It was your destiny to spell destiny wrong...or was it?? LOL

message 23: by Nate (new)

Nate Rj Amina wrote: "Wow, that is the perfect way of explaining it, Nate. I actually think exactly like dat! :P"

Thanks great minds think alike

message 24: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) sweet :P

and Lauren. the way 'we' think our destiny is can change. therefore u cld say our destiny can change. but wat God has planned for u will happen in the end.

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) "Destiny is something we've invented because we can't stand the fact that everything that happens is accidental. "

- This is the most awesome quote from a movie ever, and I completly agree. I don't think God decides our detiny like that, we're completly free to make our own choices, and should something happen that's beyond our choices, it's most likely not God who did it to us. I do believe that God can guide us, like; We're free to walk our own path, but sometimes God can light a star so we can see where we step.
If that made any sense. I dunno how to explain it.

message 26: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) oh I agree we have free will... but as Nate said be4... stuff like eye colour, wen we are born and stuff has already been written down.

message 27: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Nah, I don't think someone decided how we look. That's purely genetic.

message 28: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) well I do.

message 29: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) And you're completly entilted to do so of course :) I just disagree.

message 30: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) well I respect ur view, but I disagree :P

message 31: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Well, then we've agreed that we disagree at least xD

message 32: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) :P

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, Emma. You're giving up so easily? What happened to 'never agree to disagree'? :P

message 34: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) hey hey, dnt strt her AGAIN! :P

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha. I just wanted to see what you'd say, Amina :).

message 36: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) LOL I dnt mind strating again but since we both wnt bck down, I see no point.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree :). I was just pushing Emma's buttons :P.

message 38: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) LOL, u wldnt wanna puch thtat girls buttons :P

have u seen the thulk? because i seriously didn't understand the ending.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

She knows it's all in good fun :).

I responded to your question in the chat thread :).

message 40: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Nate wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Ok i just totaly spelt destiny wrong even though it is everywhere in this post! lol soz excuse my spelling, i suck! :P."

It was your destiny to spell destiny wrong...or was it?? LOL"

LOL. These are the things that make you go:hmmmmmmm :P

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

It's blowing your mind, isn't it, Lauren? :P

message 42: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Rj Amina wrote: "sweet :P

and Lauren. the way 'we' think our destiny is can change. therefore u cld say our destiny can change. but wat God has planned for u will happen in the end."

I agree, except for the God bit...'coz i dont believe in God.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

It's kind of like that whole conundrum: Which came first; the chicken or the egg?

message 44: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Oooooooh dont even bring that up! it confuses me to the level of max! lol

message 45: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) ofcourse the egg :P
and u blv in destiny then? ok, so oput it like this: in the end whatevr will happen is ur destiny.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

So, it's the journey that matters; not the destination? :)

message 47: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) yep. wow, that's like... i nvr thot of it like dat :P

message 48: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Here is what i believe, i think the choices you make throughout your life shape your destiny. I dont think that God has already desiced it for you, or anyone really. I just basicaly believe in free will, because i think what we do everyday changes our future.

message 49: by Lauren (new)

Lauren And what about the chicken? an egg needs a chicken to lay the egg...i hate this debate it confuses me -_- lol.

message 50: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) I never said God has decided for us... that's limited to when u'll be born, ur eye colour etc etc.

I think, God just knows what will happen.

« previous 1 3