YA Book Club discussion

group reads > November read

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloebooklover) | 14 comments Mod
Hi everyone :) I would really like to try to get a group read going, so I was thinking we could do one for the month of December.

I had a few ideas:

1. Many other groups have Master Book Lists, with a long list of all the book suggested by members. Then they choose at random which books to read, have a poll, and the winning book they read.

2. We could come up with a theme, and people could suggest books in that theme, and then we could poll.

3. We all just suggest books at random, then poll.

So, what does everyone think? I myself am slightly in favor of the Master Book List, but that's just me. Any ideas or opinions?

Chloe

message 2: by Mona (new)

Mona Garg (k1721m) | 3 comments I think the group read is a good idea. Master Book List, theme, or random all work for me. I've heard about this book(from my brother and one of my group forum threads) Special Topics in Calamity Physics that sounds interesting.

That one would fit into a theme of books set in elite boarding schools.

message 3: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloebooklover) | 14 comments Mod
Mona, I think for now I will go with the Master Book List, and definitely add that book to the list. Looks very interesting! I'm going to start on the list... if you have any more suggestions feel free to post on the thread once it's set up!