SDMB - Straight Dope discussion

Tools (Again)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Mark Flack | 15 comments Hi Julie

Now I can't reply to the earlier message... In answer to your question, yes I'm still having trouble. I've tried moving books from a variety of different way's but I'm getting nowhere...

Grr.

Cheers

message 2: by Julie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Julie Mark,

I have no good ideas. Have you tried clearing out your cache and cookies and all that from your browser? I've had it happen where my browser gets stuck.

There's a group called "Goodreads Feedback" you might consider posting to. Perhaps someone there has a clue.

Good luck.

Julie

message 3: by Ealaindraoi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:32PM) (new)

Ealaindraoi | 10 comments Yes, I was having trouble with this too. I finally found a comment in the feedback group that helped.
If I understand correctly, you're having trouble moving books to shelves in a group? Try not trying to click onto the little check square on the right, but instead right click in the middle of the rectangle for that book. When books are selected they should highlight in a tan color. Once you have them all selected, you should be able to go up to the top on the left, where it says edit mode, and "select shelf" where you can add or subtract them from the shelf you want.

message 4: by Mark (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

Mark Flack | 15 comments Hello Ladies, apologies for the delay in responding (it's a public pc) and thank you for your assistance.

I did send the query to the help people and I either wasn't clear enough or they have misunderstood.

Never mind, you'll just have to always wonder, on those cold wet winter evenings, "What would Mark have called his shelves, given half a chance...?" Go on, admit it... :-D

Cheers again