Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

LOCAL AUTHORS > Local Authors Jane Gill

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Totten (katherine42) | 199 comments Jane Gill, native of Saratoga Springs, Saratoga High School Class of 1963, has penned her first novel, A Matter of Pride. It's the story of an African-American family's climb up the cultural ladder from the Civil War to today.
"I would like African-American youngsters to realize that they are not just descended from slaves," she said, "they are descended from heros. Also, I want people to remember that Florida is part of the South. A lot of times we think of it as a destination. But it is a part of the South and its past is somewhat sordid, too."

message 2: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Oct 24, 2010 10:00AM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Katherine wrote: "Jane Gill, native of Saratoga Springs, Saratoga High School Class of 1963, has penned her first novel, A Matter of Pride. It's the story of an African-American family's climb up the cultural ladder..."

Congratulations and best of luck to Jane Gill!
Thank you, Katherine, for telling us about Jane Gill and for posting the message in this group.
Below are the GR links:
A Matter of Pride by Jane Gill A Matter of Pride by Jane Gill

message 3: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Oct 24, 2010 09:46AM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments PS-Katherine, I've moved your post to the appropriate section of this group. As you can see, the section is called "Local Authors". Thanks again!

message 4: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Totten (katherine42) | 199 comments Got it! Thanks

Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Matter of Pride (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jane Gill (other topics)