Urban Fantasy discussion

BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS > Looking for Recommendations: Which Series Should I Start Next?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jax (new)

Jax (jaxc) | 5 comments Which Series should I read next???

1. Chess Putnam by Stasia Kane
2. Night Myst by Yasmine Galenorn
3. Sirantha Jax by Ann Aguirre
4. October Daye by Seanan McGuire
5. Blood Lily Chronicles by Julie Kenner

Please help! If you loved any of the series tell me why!!! Thanks so much!

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 822 comments I would go with

Sirantha Jax by Ann Aguirre
Blood Lily Chronicles by Julie Kenner
Night Myst by Yasmine Galenorn
October Daye by Seanan McGuire
Chess Putnam by Stasia Kane

message 3: by Jax (new)

Jax (jaxc) | 5 comments K, Darcy!!! which one has some steamy romance???

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 822 comments There are some romance angles to the first 2, the next 2 are more urban fantasy, I haven't read the last one so don't know.

message 5: by Shelley (new)

Shelley The only problem with Blood Lily Chronicles by Julie Kenner, is that there are only (3) books and the series ends. (Tainted, Torn, Turned). Not sure why the series was ended so abruptly.

message 6: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 822 comments Maybe she only wrote it as a trilogy.

message 7: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M | 311 comments I love the first Chess Putman book by Stacia Kane. It's a very dark and dirty book tho, so you may want to read the Spoiler Free thread for it (it's this month's book of the month). I can't wait to read the rest of them. She has great world building, without breaking the flow of the story. The characters are outstanding. I really can't go on enough about how much I loved it.

Just a warning, it is a dark book. But so, so good!

message 8: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 36 comments I definitely have to agree about the Downise Ghosts series. Such an awesome set of books, and different from anything you'll find in the genre today.

message 9: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Darcy wrote: "Maybe she only wrote it as a trilogy."

Could be..especially since she is now writing under JK Beck, and has another 3-part trilogy coming out.

message 10: by Jason (new)

Jason (j_calvin) | 13 comments I will third Stacia Kane's series as well. Having just been a recent convert to the UF/Paranormal Fantasy genre, I wasn't really sure what to expect. Stacia interweaves both action, world building, and romance into an amazing series.

message 11: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 822 comments Shelley wrote: "Darcy wrote: "Maybe she only wrote it as a trilogy."

Could be..especially since she is now writing under JK Beck, and has another 3-part trilogy coming out."

I didn't realize that was her until I looked a little closer at them. I have them waiting for me at the library right now.