twilight lovers! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Members > What do you think will happen in Breaking Dawn?

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Heidi Here's what I want to see/find out:

Wedding: We have to see how Bella's parents and friends react to her getting married, and I'd like to see the actual wedding, not just hear about it afterward.

Jacob: He's obviously got to have a role here, but I'm not sure what it will be. Would he try to stop the wedding, even though he knows it wouldn't mean getting Bella? Will he imprint on a female werewolf who maybe is jealous and tries to hurt Bella?

Bella's transformation: What will this do to the treaty? Will the wolves go hunting for the Cullens, now that Jacob isn't there to stop them like he told Bella he would? When Bella is changed, will Edward still feel cold and hard to her touch? How do you think she'll react as a newborn? What do you think her special power will be, if she has one (and they've hinted pretty heavily that she does).

Alice: We need to hear the rest of her story. They've hinted at it in at least the first two books, and we know she has a living niece. Will she try to find her and figure out what happened? I hope so.

What do you think? What are your questions?

message 2: by Janice (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:32PM) (new)

Janice (janicemarie) | 4 comments Ooh! Great questions/ideas!

I've always wondered how things will work for Bella being a vampire - what with her "sensitivity" to blood - how just smelling it makes her sick. And if she's already "immune" to the vampires' powers, how will that work when she is a vampire? Will Alice no longer be able to sense Bella and the future as it pertains to her?

Sigh - it's a shame the next book isn't ready now! ;)

message 3: by Heidi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

Heidi I forgot about her sensitivity to blood. I think that will just increase as her sense of smell increases, but I can't imagine it would cause her to starve herself. I wonder if it will just make her hungrier, that instead of making her sick it will just make it harder to resist. If that's the case, I think she'll be a pretty wild newborn, even with Edward around. I wonder if Jasper will be there to keep her calm.

I think Alice will still be able to see her future, since she can see the other vampires' futures. Plus they explained that it's Bella's mind that's immune--no one can get into her head, but Jasper can affect her physically and Alice can see what she'll do once she decides to do it.

I can't believe we have to wait a full year to find out. I didn't start reading any of the books until Eclipse was out, so I was able to read them all in essentially one sitting. I'm not so good with patience.... :)

message 4: by Andrew (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:44PM) (new)

Andrew (dariusgreyhound) is it true the next book will be called "breaking dawn" and come out next fall?

message 5: by Amy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new)

Amy | 3 comments If you all are really into speculation for Breaking Dawn, there's a fan-site (that the author participates on from time to time) called Twilight Lexicon. It's got TONS of information, theories, etc. Good stuff. :)

message 6: by Amy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new)

Amy | 3 comments BTW, the official release date for Breaking Dawn is August 10, 2008. TOO LONG!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it will be really interesting to see what "secret power" Bella is going to have when she turns into a vampire. i think it might have to do with how none of the vampire's tricks effect her.
Gahd!! I SO can't wait for breaking dawn! I just read the first chapter of midnight sun on stephenie meyer's home page, and wow, i really can't wait to hear edwards side of the story!!!

message 8: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:08PM) (new)

Sarah | 3 comments Wow, your ideas and questions are marvelous. Bravo. ^-^

Well, once turned into a vampire, your special power comes from something you were especially good at in your human life. So, ask yourselves- what's Bella good at? Being clumsy, being queasy around blood, and smelling nice. xD [Any other things?] So maybe she'll be able to cause destruction by thinking about something, be able to smell blood better than any other vampire, or be able to create fragrances at will? All very silly and unlikely I know, but this is just how my mind works, guys. xD

I don't have any comments on Jacob, or Alice as I don't have a clue on what they will do in the next book. I'm sure Alice will try to look for her past, and niece. She didn't remember anything about her past; if you didn't remember anything about your history and suddenly found out you had a living relative, wouldn't you want to find them somehow? I would. &&Jacob. All I can say is BACK OFF AND STOP CONFUSING BELLA. She doesn't need any distractions from Edward, so leave her be. K?

message 9: by Heba (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:16PM) (new)

Heba (hebzi) Do you really think that Bella will become a vampire in the 4th book! mm for me I wish! but I don't think so.. not in the 4th I mean!

Wow.. I really like the ideas in here! I'm so excited.. Can't wait..

message 10: by Heidi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:18PM) (new)

Heidi The author has said that the 4th book is supposed to wrap up the Bella and Edward story, so she'd better become a vampire in this one. I'm getting really tired of all the delays.

I can see B & E showing up as minor characters in future books, but Meyer has said that she wants to write future books from other characters' perspectives, tell more of their stories. (I vote strongly for an Alice-centric book, and there's got to be a Jacob book in there somewhere.)

message 11: by Heba (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:18PM) (new)

Heba (hebzi) ooh really interesting! You know I feel that Bella might change after she become a vampire. I dunno why but i feel it!

message 12: by Lindsey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:21PM) (new)

Lindsey | 3 comments Heidi--
I saw in your post that Bella will have a special power. Where, exactly, does that show? I'm so confuuuuused . . .
And is Jacob even going to come back? I asked my sister about Jacob running off into the woods, "leaving himself behind", and if he'll ever come back. I think not, because he couldn't leave Bella.
She'd better turn into a werewolf, or Stephanie Meyer will get a LOT of hatemail!! It'd be interesting to see the stories from Jacob's point of view, but moreso, I'm interested for Edward's. Especially New Moon !!

message 13: by Heidi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:22PM) (new)

Heidi Lindsey, I'm guessing that vampire Bella will have a special power because of what the Volturi said at the end of New Moon. I don't have it here in front of me, but when they discovered that she was immune to their powers, they said something about being interested to see what she would be like after the change, that she could be powerful or something like that. So there's not a specific prediction, but enough of a hint to make me wonder.

I could see Jacob staying out of the next book, but I can't imagine we're done with the werewolves just yet, especially since Billy has "warned" Bella several times.

I'm with you on Edward's perspective. The Cullens just fascinate me, and I'd love to see more of their interaction as a family.

message 14: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

Sarah | 3 comments Lindsey, I know I won't be one of the fans that send hate-mail if she turns into a werewolf. I could not bear to see Edward that hurt. He can't live without Bella. I like Edward and Bella more than Jacob and bella just because Edward is more mature. I like that. <3

message 15: by Amanda (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:14PM) (new)

Amanda | 2 comments i agree. i think that it should be Edward and Bella. I hope that in breaking dawn bella will become a vampire. it will be interesting to see how she turns out. I agree that jacob just needs to back of and stop confusing bella. there is only 246 more days until august 10th!

message 16: by Mandi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:19PM) (new)

Mandi Connell | 84 comments I also agree. Edward is so much more mature and cares a ton more about Bella. I can't see Bella and Jacob either. Partly because the whole thing started out with less Jacob, and mostly because Bella loved him as a brother for most of the books.

message 17: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 8 comments I would also like to see the wedding it would be interesting to hear about. I wonder if any other vampires come just besides the Cullen family. Although I doubt it.-Hmm, there's a lot I would like to know aobut Jacob, I was really wondering about the last part of the book when it was from his persepective.-I hope that Bella does get transformed into a vampire in the next book. Stephanie has been dragging it on and on. I can't wait for the next book!!

message 18: by Ashley (last edited Dec 16, 2007 02:45PM) (new)

Ashley | 8 comments Uhuh, I'm pretty sure that the new book is coming out in August....

message 19: by Ashley (last edited Dec 16, 2007 02:46PM) (new)

Ashley | 8 comments I'm really siked and I can't wait until the next book comes out. It's going to be so awesome! I really hope that Jacob doesn't ruin anything. =(

message 20: by Mandi (new)

Mandi Connell | 84 comments I am so excited that I can't contain my excitement! My friend and I started a count down. Ya, it is a long one!

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Well on the topic of Bellas power, do you think it could be possible her power could be that she is immune to everything? We already know that she is immune to some powers [like Edward not being able to read her mind] but not others [like Alice knowing what shes going to do after she's decided it]. They mentioned that the powers usually have something to do with what people are already somewhat good at or whatever in human form....I don't really know and as you can probably tell I'm horrible with voicing what my mind is thinking haha. Nothing ever seems to come out right.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

Sarah

message 22: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 1 comments I think what Bella is really good at is being human. She trips and falls like the rest of us. That's what makes her relatable. Maybe she will be a vampire, but in a much more human way than the rest.... Isn't is August 10th YET!? :)

message 23: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 12 comments I think it would be interesting to see Jacob imprint on someone. Then for that someone to be in a jealous "werewolf rage" against Bella. Jacob would be caught in the middle.

message 24: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberlynn) | 3 comments okay, just to clear things up, bella can't turn into a werewolf. you have to be of the quillayute tribe to become a werewolf. and jacob can't imprint on anyone because if it's going to happen then it happens right after you first become a werewolf.
i am very excited about her powers. i heard a fun theory that as long as she's with edward she won't thirst for blood. who knows. i can't wait till august:)

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah What? Wow I was definatly unaware that if a werewolf could only imprint right after they turn. Thats very interesting. When do they talk about that?

Sarah

message 26: by Shenaz93 (new)

Shenaz93 | 3 comments does tht mean Jacob imptinted Bella...???...i hope he did!!!....

message 27: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberlynn) | 3 comments jacob was trying to imprint on bella right after he turned but it obviously didn't happen. i think it's talked about in eclipse but i could be wrong. i read them so fast that they kind of blurred together for me. but it's when jacob is explaining imprinting to bella and how it works. but there is a possibility he could later imprint if his print isn't born yet or he hasn't met her yet. but i don't think that will happen
:( poor jacob. hope that wasn't too confusing.

message 28: by Saii (new)

Saii | 3 comments I would love to see the wedding.
Love for bella to become a vampire..

one thing that i have thought of for a bit since Jacob doesnt really like vampires... think he could imprint with one.. that would be really interesting.

oh and i wonder what bella will be able to do once she is a vampire.. she has to do something .. since the volturi were making such a fuss out of wanting to see how she was when she was a vampire..

I hope to see a lot of Jacob personally because I love him but at the same time i really hope he doesnt interfear with bella and edward. which will be impossible if i want to see more of him... thought bella did unknowing use him. but she knew at the same time.

oh and alice.. she is awesome i do want to hear more of her story.

I wonder if Rosalie will ever warm up to bell more.

And how will Jasper react when Bella is a vampire. He wont have to deal with being away from her anymore. Will they be closer?

message 29: by Anne (new)

Anne | 1 comments Stephenie explains it on her website somewhere. you don't have to imprint when you first turn into a werewolf. But, if you are going to imprint on someone, it will happen the first time you see THAT person after you turn. So no, Jacob can't imprint on Bella. I love that we talk about this like it's real! Hehehe!

message 30: by Mandi (new)

Mandi Connell | 84 comments I really want to see the wedding. But i'm afraid that Jacob's going to come and ruin everything! i'm not trying to be mean but Jacob is not my favorite character.

message 31: by Sarah (new)

Sarah haha, what are you talking about, its totally real! ;P

message 32: by Ruth (new)

Ruth I have a guess about Bella's special power. In Eclipse it talks a lot about how the Volturi couldn't touch her mind, but that Jasper's power worked on her because it worked outside of her mind. I think I remember something being said about her mind being safe. It makes me think that when she is a vampire, she won't be affected like the others. Her mind will stay completely sane and she will be able to still be a "normal" non-blood thirsty person. Maybe Edward will have to hunt for her and bring some leftovers home because she just isn't interested in killing. And then she could still visit Charlie without wanting to eat him. What do you think??

message 33: by Shannon (last edited Jan 31, 2008 04:29PM) (new)

Shannon Wallicik (shannon01) | 5 comments Well I am a new fan! I got the books before Christmas and have read and re-read them all twice in the last 2 weeks! My poor family! It has been so wonderful to get caught up in a book series that REALLY takes you away. As for my input, I would be REALLY disappointed if Bella did become a werewolf. She is so connected to Edward and his family! I hope that she will change and that her powers will be immune to the Volturi. She is clumsy but she has luck on her side so I hope the author makes her the strong front and a force to be reckoned with. Maybe a fight between her and Leah. I bet Leah will imprint with Jacob, and Leah will carry her jealousy due to the whole Sam issue. Leah will try to hurt Bella and that will cause a fight between the two enemies.

message 34: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I'm not a fan of Jacob's at all. He annoyed me in the second book by being a prick when he started turning into a werewolf, like it was Bella's fault or something. I think the Cullens will tear Jacob a new one if he tries to ruin the wedding.

message 35: by Mandi (new)

Mandi Connell | 84 comments I can't help thinking that Jacob will come during the wedding or something and ruin everytihng! i just can't picture Bella with Edward. but i am so excited for this book that i feel bad for the people around me when the subject comes up. haha

message 36: by Mandi (new)

Mandi Connell | 84 comments I wonder if they will ever tell Charlie about the whole vampire thing? i think it would be fun to see his reaction

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

WOW guys u have a lot to write i agree on the whole charlie thing and from the first page i really want to know every single detail about the wedding and i want to know wat happens to jacob and he better not have left cuz that would be a mjor problem and i really want to kno if bella gets a super power and wat it would be that would be kinda cool even though i love jacob i don't think i want bella to be a werewolf don't ask me why though cuz i don't know why i'm saying no but i think she would be better off as a vampire but sometimes i just think she should just be a human and enjoy her life with jacob and edward

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.