Uglies by Scott Westerfeld discussion

Specials > How did you like it?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Specials is my favorite of all the series. I like Tally best as a Special. She's awesome!! And you know what's weird? I found myself thinking like I had the Special lesion in my brain- For a bit, I was thinking that the New Smoke were bad and should go die, and I thought that David was an idiot for a second, too! Of course, I got cured, and now I love David again.

I actually liked the ending. I know some people didn't, but I thought it was nice- it basically told us what Tally and David were going to do, but left a bit in mystery, for us to imagine. I like that they are going to be the protectors.

Your thoughts?

message 2: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 385 comments First off, I absolutley adored the ending I thought it was great, especially because she was going with *swoon* David. I couldn't possibly say which one is my favorite, but I loved Specials. The same thing happened for a second- then I got mad at Tally and myself for thinking those things.

message 3: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Yeah!

message 4: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) Specials was my favorite. I really liked the ending too, that she was going to keep the Special wiring and still be able to be herself. ^v^

message 5: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I agree with everything you said, Morgan! Specials is my favorite too, and I loved the ending, and I'm glad she kept the special wiring...

message 6: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) Hi! How do you justify being up this late............... or this early, depending on how you look at it.

message 7: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Um...I can't sleep. It's 3:43 in the morning. XD

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

She was awesome as a Special!

message 9: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I agree!

message 10: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) Just curious and totally random here, but: If they made these books into movies, how many of you would kill to be Tally, and how many would kill to be Shay?

message 11: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I would kill to be Tally! BECAUSE THEN I COULD KISS DAVID!!

But it would also fun to be Shay...

And they are officially making a movie, I think. But I heard that it's been sold to the same people who made Eragon!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

message 12: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) uglies movie? eragon? nvm then, not seeing it. heard eragon was COMPLETELY messed up... STILL hvnt seen it, and not surei will...

message 13: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Yup, Eragon was terrible. It killed the book. You shouldn't see it...it was a waste of time.

I can't believe they're making Uglies with the same people...that is SO bogus...the movie is going to suck :(

And it's going to be worse because Uglies is an even better book than Eragon (in my opionion.)

message 14: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) mine too sella-wa, mine too. and wasnt really ever planning on seeing eragon, unless i was EXTREMELY slap happy (like now) and wanted to hardcore make fun of a movie

message 15: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Lol XD

message 16: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 385 comments the eragon movie was TERRIBLE

message 17: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I agree!

message 18: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) I didn't want to see it in the first place, but I caught glimces and from what I saw, it looked horrible. That's just sad, that you can tell that from about 10 seconds of film.

message 19: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I know. *sigh* I don't think I'm going to watch the uglies movie.

message 20: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) It's impossible to catch the essence of Uglies! No movie maker can possibly comprehend! Lol. ^v^

message 21: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Yeah!! And I heard someone say that scott sold the movie rights to the same people that made eragon!! oh no!!

and also, i've found that whenever I see a movie for a book, whenever i re-read that book i always imagine the actors that played in the movie and i forgot how i imagined the characters myself!! i hate that, esp. when the actors don't portray the characters well at all!! i don't want that to happen to uglies...

message 22: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 385 comments I want to see the movie! They do pretty good with the Harry Potters. And I always picture Tally how she looks on the cover, the other people in my mind, I don't use the actors really unless I think they look perfect for the charrie.

message 23: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I pictured Tally as she looked on the cover, too!

But the thing is...even when I don't like how the actors looked as the characters, they STILL override my own imagined characters because I keep thinking how they looked!! it's not fair!! like, for twilight, I saw who played edward, and now I can't remember how i imagined edward myself!! and I don't even like the guy who plays edward, he's not a good choice!! ugh this sucks!!

message 24: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 385 comments oh dear. i'm sorry.

message 25: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin lol it's not your fault. XD

message 26: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) OMG!!!! UR KIDDING ME!!!! The same people as ERAGON?!?!?!?! EW, EW, EW, EW, EW!!!!

message 27: by Naomi (last edited Aug 16, 2008 04:53PM) (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) Oh, and Specials was fine.
Yes Sella. I said it was just fine. I really liked it, but it could've been better.

message 28: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) lol! That's how I write my fs in real life!
f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f
lol. I'm hyper.

message 29: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 385 comments eragon was HORRIBLE. it was good if you hadn't read the book, but if you had it was terrible it didn't follow the book.

message 30: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) the only thing my friend and I like about it is that there's lots to make fun it about. So we make fun of it alot.

message 31: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 385 comments lol. good point.

message 32: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) :D

message 33: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 368 comments Mod
hmm. i thought eragon was a horrible book in the first place.

message 34: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) *gasps*

message 35: by Brigid ✩ (new)

it was!!!

message 36: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) *gasps*

message 37: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin *gasp* now it wasn't!! XD

the movie was horrible. ew.

message 38: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) ew. I agree there.

message 39: by Brigid ✩ (new)

no comment

message 40: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 385 comments The book was AWESOME the movie was good in it's own way, if u hadn't read the book. i tried to forget about the book, and i actually kinda liked it. think about the book and uuuuggghhh

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

i luved it............... util the ending!!!!!!!!! ZANE IS THE BEST OERSON IN THE ENTIRE SERIES AND THEY JUST LET HIM ____!!!!!!! I HATED SCOTT 4 A LONG TIME NOW I DON'T HATE HIMM BUT I'M STILLL MAD @ HIM!!!! SOBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 42: by Brigid ✩ (new)

bwa hahahaaaa >:D

message 43: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) If I hadn't read the book, I would have had no idea what was going on.

message 44: by Sarah, Does Nerdy George ♥ me? (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) | 729 comments Mod
I hate Zane he had no contribution to the story excepet for being Tally boyfriend

message 45: by Brigid ✩ (new)

agreed.

message 46: by Sarah, Does Nerdy George ♥ me? (new)

yup

message 47: by Brigid ✩ (new)

he's really just a plot device, not a character.

message 48: by Sarah, Does Nerdy George ♥ me? (new)

yeah

message 49: by Lela (new)

Lela | 49 comments sadness... i can't really pick between the two. i'm more for whatever tally-wa was happiest with and when zane died she was sad!

message 50: by Sarah, Does Nerdy George ♥ me? (new)

Zane may NOT rest in peace!!

« previous 1