Writers Unite discussion

Writers' Community > Copyrighting?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

How would you do it???

message 2: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) yeh, I wanted to knw this too. anybdy knw how to? I think Ray does

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know. I just know that most people are too frightened of what I'll do to them if they plagiarize my work.

message 4: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 68 comments Other than eating their faces?

message 5: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) eww

message 6: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 74 comments Lol

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

RedPath ~Enna-girl~ wrote: "Other than eating their faces?"

Oh yes. There are far worse things that I will do to people.

Even worse than setting them on fire.

message 8: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) i think setting them on fire is better than eating their faces

message 9: by - (new)

- (renkks) what? no way. I would rather be running around on fire then without my face.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

hahahahah.

message 11: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) hahaha, same kirny!

message 12: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) If anyone copied mine, I would just be flattered. I mean, that just means that my story's so good it's worth copying :)

then wen I got over gushing, lol, I'd go over to that person, punch his face off, twist his arm, break on of his legs, set him on fire and take my story back again.

message 13: by R.C. (new)

R.C. (rc_kinkaid) | 12 comments You don't need to be too concerned about copyrighting your work. If your piece was written after April 1, 1989, it is automatically recognized as being copyrighted by the author in most major countries.

Per the US Copyright Office:

When is my work protected?
Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.

If you are really concerned, make sure you add a "Copyright by [name]" at the bottom of your work. You can also submit things for official copyright protection electronically, here: http://www.copyright.gov/eco/

Also remember that the internet is not Public Domain, and you hold the rights to anything you write or post online.

Hope that helps.

message 14: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) I would! I'm not slaving over my stories for nothing u knw!! xP

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks so much Chris. Or R.C? But thanks!!