Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

It's All Fun & Games > Lisa Kleypas Quizzes

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (last edited Oct 19, 2010 07:08AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments The first person to answer all the questions from one of the following quizzes correctly and resides in the US or Canada will be given one of the 25 free books. That is if they haven't already been chosen to receive one. One winner per quiz. I'll send you a post asking for your address so we can have the publisher send a copy of Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor to you. You have from now till midnight Eastern Standard Time on October 20th to answer the questions at which time I'll close the topic.

Most of the answers can be found on Lisa Kleypas' website, Wikipedia, or in this group.
Lisa Kleypas' website:
http://www.lisakleypas.com/

Quiz #1

1)What was the name of the first book Lisa Kleypas wrote and got published?

2)Which book is the following quote from?
"I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together."

3)Which book deals spousal abuse? Hint: It's a contemporary novel and the abuse happened to the main female character.

4)Which book has a picture on the cover of a girl in a beautiful royal blue dress and you can't see her face?

5)Which book featured a women bent on getting revenge only to find herself in love with the man? She felt he was responsible for her brother's death.

Bekah answered all the questions of this quiz correctly.

-----------------------------------------------------

Quiz #2

1)How old was Lisa Kleypas when her first book was published?

2)Which Wallflower is the oldest?

3)Which Hathaway sister loves animals?

4)What is the name of Lisa Kleypas' first contemporary novel?

5)Which book is the following quote from?
"I understand, Maggie wanted to tell her. I've lost someone too. And there were no rules for how to deal with the death of someone you loved. You had to accept that the loss would always stay with you, like a reminder note pinned to the inside of your jacket. But there were still opportunities for happiness. Even joy. Maggie couldn't let herself doubt that."

Shannon answered all the questions on this quiz correctly.

--------------------------------------------------
Quiz #3

1) Name a book/novella (or the name of the anthology it was included in) which won Lisa Kleypas a Rita award.

2) True or False: Bow Street Runners never existed. Lisa Kleypas made them up.

3)Which novel did Lisa Klepas rewrite and release under a new title?

4)Which book featured a couple who were married as children by their families and didn't know what the other looked like at the beginning of the book?

"Many times in life I've regretted the things I've said without thinking. But I've never regretted the things I said nearly as much as the words I left unspoken. "

Rachel answered all the questions for this quiz correctly.
-----------------------------------------------------
Quiz #4

1)Which book is the following quote from?
"Oh, I have a very pure soul. It's just my private parts that have gotten me into trouble."

2)Which book has a character who is a pirate? Incidentally, the main male character shares the same first name as Lisa Kleypas' Son?

3)Which book had a couple who were introduced indirectly under unusual circumstances by a madame? It had something to do with a 30th birthday present.

4)What is the name of the short story you can get for free on Lisa Kleypas' website?

5)Which novel is about Lord Westcliff's sister? It's not part of the Wallflowers series. Some refer to it as a prequel to the Wallflower series.

Jaclyn answered all the questions to this quiz correctly.
----------------------------------------------------
Quiz #5

1)Which book by Lisa Kleypas is coming out on October 26th?

2)Which book did Lisa Kleypas write that dealt with time travel?

3)Which book did the following quote come from?
"The next time you face a room full of strangers . . . you might tell yourself that some of them are just friends waiting to be found."

4)What state did Lisa Kleypas represent in the 1985 Miss America Pageant?

5)What was Cam's curse?

Missy was the first to answer all the questions to this quiz correctly.

message 2: by Bekah (last edited Oct 18, 2010 05:08PM) (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 5 comments Quiz #1

1)What was the name of the first book Lisa Kleypas wrote and got published?

Where Passion Leads

2)Which book is the following quote from?
"I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together."

Blue Eyed Devil

3)Which book deals spousal abuse? Hint: It's a contemporary novel and the abuse happened to the main female character.

Blue Eyed Devil

4)Which book has a picture on the cover of a girl in a beautiful royal blue dress and you can't see her face?

Mine Till Midnight

5)Which book featured a women bent on getting revenge only to find herself in love with the man? She felt he was responsible for her brother's death

Lady Sophia's Lover

message 3: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Congratulations Bekah! You're our 10th winner.

message 4: by Sashana (new)

Sashana YAY!

message 5: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Wow! Congratulations Bekah!

message 6: by Sashana (last edited Oct 18, 2010 06:13PM) (new)

Sashana Now who's brave enough to try 2,3,4 or 5?

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (iandssmom) | 215 comments Quiz #2

1)How old was Lisa Kleypas when her first book was published?
21 years old
2)Which Wallflower is the oldest?
Annabelle
3)Which Hathaway sister loves animals?
Beatrix

4)What is the name of Lisa Kleypas' first contemporary novel?
Sugar Daddy

"I understand, Maggie wanted to tell her. I've lost someone too. And there were no rules for how to deal with the death of someone you loved. You had to accept that the loss would always stay with you, like a reminder note pinned to the inside of your jacket. But there were still opportunities for happiness. Even joy. Maggie couldn't let herself doubt that."
Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor

message 8: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Congratulations Shannon. Those answers are correct.

message 9: by Bekah (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 5 comments WOOHOO!!! I NEVER win anything!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!

message 10: by Deana (new)

Deana Pittman I don't know the answers to any of these...but I am making a list of books to add to my "to read" shelf!

message 11: by Bekah (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 5 comments Read Sugar Daddy!!!!

message 12: by Deana (new)

Deana Pittman I have that on my list! I have gotten in a rut reading lots of heavy, forensic stuff....trying to read new authors as well! Thanks for the recommendation!

message 13: by Bekah (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 5 comments NP! Suddenly You is a stand alone and very good too! Oh and Then Came You!

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Quiz #3

1) Name a book/novella (or the name of the anthology it was included in) which won Lisa Kleypas a Rita award.

Lisa won the Rita award for her Christmas anthology novella featured in the Dorchester publication "Wish List" or for Worth Any Price

2) True or False: Bow Street Runners never existed. Lisa Kleypas made them up.

False!

3)Which novel did Lisa Klepas rewrite and release under a new title?

Lisa rewrote Only in Your Arms and released it under When Strangers Marry

4)Which book featured a couple who were married as children by their families and didn't know what the other looked like at the beginning of the book?

Somewhere I'll Find You

"Many times in life I've regretted the things I've said without thinking. But I've never regretted the things I said nearly as much as the words I left unspoken.

Sugar Daddy

message 15: by Missy (new)

Missy | 5 comments quiz #5
1 Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor
2 Give me Tonight
3 It Happened One Autumn
4 Miss Massachusetts
5 good luck curse

message 16: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn (pnrbookworm) Quiz #4

1)Which book is the following quote from?
"Oh, I have a very pure soul. It's just my private parts that have gotten me into trouble."

Married By Morning

2)Which book has a character who is a pirate? Incidentally, the main male character shares the same first name as Lisa Kleypas' Son?

Only With Your Love

3)Which book had a couple who were introduced indirectly under unusual circumstances by a madame? It had something to do with a 30th birthday present.

Suddenly You

4)What is the name of the short story you can get for free on Lisa Kleypas' website?

"A Hathaway Wedding"

5)Which novel is about Lord Westcliff's sister? It's not part of the Wallflowers series. Some refer to it as a prequel to the Wallflower series.

Again The Magic

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 237 comments Quiz #5

1)Which book by Lisa Kleypas is coming out on October 26th?
Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor

2)Which book did Lisa Kleypas write that dealt with time travel?
Give Me Tonight

3)Which book did the following quote come from?
"The next time you face a room full of strangers . . . you might tell yourself that some of them are just friends waiting to be found."
It Happened One Autumn

4)What state did Lisa Kleypas represent in the 1985 Miss America Pageant?
Massachusetts

5)What was Cam's curse?
A good luck curse.

message 18: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (iandssmom) | 215 comments Yeah!!!! So excited!!! Took the quiz and went to bed So happy I got 'em right!!! :) you guys are the best!!!

message 19: by Lisarenee (last edited Oct 19, 2010 07:09AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Rachel got all her answers correct for Quiz #3.
Jaclyn got all her answers correct for Quiz #4.
Missy was the first to answer all the questions correctly for Quiz #5, so she is also a winner.

That concludes our mini quiz game.

Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫ (lb3553) | 466 comments Congrats Rachel,Jaclyn, and Missy!

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 417 comments Good job guys! I sadly don't know much about Lisa Kleypas. I like her books though.

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 237 comments Oops, I didn't realize that Missy had already done quiz 5!

Congrats to all the winners! :)

message 23: by Missy (new)

Missy | 5 comments Hooray! I won! Thanks ladies

message 24: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Don't thank us thank St. Martin's Press.

message 25: by Heather (new)

Heather | 504 comments Lisa, I don't think I can do this since I have only read one and a half. Boo-hoo..

message 26: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Um, Heather? Did you look at the Winners list? I think you need to double check it. :)

message 27: by Heather (new)

Heather | 504 comments Huh? Yeah, earlier.. will check again..