Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

Group Reads > Group Reads

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  (jml_417) A place for our group read discussions.

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara (rstjm4) | 70 comments Are we doing a group read? how are we going to decide? How about everyone gets a month and they pick the book? Like maybe the month of your birthday or something? Just thoughts!! I'm pretty cool with whatever we do!

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa419) | 123 comments A group read would be good. Choosing books by birthday month could work, or perhaps going alphabetically. Maybe we could use the poll feature to take a vote?

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz Either way would work for me. I do like the group reads. But do we want to start now or the first of the year?

message 5: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) I like group reads but have no input on the how, when, where, and why of it. Look forward to hearing more!

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  (jml_417) I'd also like to do group reads - but maybe hold off until the new year. My suggestion is that at first, we should have a few months where we ask for suggestions from everyone and have a poll. Also, I'm really trying to cut down on book buying and would appreciate it if we could chose books that are not new releases or hard to find/out of print - make sure that they are available on Kindle/e-book, paperback, or easy for people to get at their libraries (ie. no long waits for holds).

Jenn

message 7: by Annika (new)

Annika I think that's a great idea Jenn!

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa419) | 123 comments I agree, good idea Jennifer.

message 9: by Libby (new)

Libby Count me in!

message 10: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 67 comments COUNT ME IN - SOUNDS GOOD.

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara (rstjm4) | 70 comments Jennifer L. wrote: "I'd also like to do group reads - but maybe hold off until the new year. My suggestion is that at first, we should have a few months where we ask for suggestions from everyone and have a poll. Al..."

I agree, I hate when I can't get the book because there is such a long wait list. I have quit buying books bc of the cost, and have managed to only buy about 6 books in 2 years!!! Everything else is LIBRARY!

message 12: by Annika (new)

Annika Should we start taking nominations now, so we have time to nominate and vote?

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  (jml_417) Annika wrote: "Should we start taking nominations now, so we have time to nominate and vote?"

Sure! I'll start a new thread for nominations, let it go until end of November and then have a poll in early December for a January group read...great way to start the new year!

Jenn