Knight-Reading discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Section 11337 > Reading Log Week of 10/18/10

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Knight | 44 comments Mod
Please post your reaction to this weeks reading here. Be sure to link your book/author by following the link above.

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (goodreadscomlweber5) | 10 comments I was reading "Are your friends making you overspend?" Basically what it was saying is that the peer-pressure of keeping up and having what your friends have is costly. For instance in my case, going out to lunch twice a week, then nights out on the weekends, and shopping for all hours of the day. It explains ways to save or to say 'no' in situations as I have been in.

message 3: by Hope (new)

Hope G | 4 comments Every Storm

This week, I'm reading Every Storm by Lori Wick. I really like the techniques that the author uses to create a really strong bond between the reader and the characters. As you go through the book, the struggles that the main character goes through seem to hit home, despite the fact that the you may never have encountered the same type of difficulties.

message 4: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Perez | 10 comments I was recently reading a news paper article online. An anti-abortion ad was banned from youtube for being to graphic. Although it is allowed to be showed on national tv. The ad is by canidate Missy Smith. She is now completly against abortion. I find this ironic because she has had two abortions.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.