Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Archive > Reason for this folder...

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) We all enjoy many aspects about reading. One of the main things we enjoy is the right to choose which books we'd like to pursue.

Although we greatly appreciate that many authors would like to gain our attention, and Goodreads is an excellent avenue in which to achieve that, we would like it to be understood that we don't want to be made to feel like we're being hounded or solicited in any way.

If you are an up and coming author who would like to promote their books, please feel free to open up a new topic in your name under this folder. Any and all members of Romance, Historical or Otherwise, who are interested in learning more about your writing will be more than happy to open up your topic and make further inquiries should the need arise.

Please, under no circumstances, feel that you can randomly pop your solicitations into our topics currently under discussion, as it has been made apparent that our valued members find this inappropriate.

Thank-you.

message 2: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Thank-you for posting this Heather.. In total agreement. Its not that some of the group members don't want to read the promotional stuff.. there just has to be an appropriate place for them.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle K (anotherlookbook) | 44 comments I agree 100%. I really hate having self promotion in my face when I don't want it. In fact, I do not add their books to my reading list, instead I add it to my DO NOT reading list.