My Adventures Through Theology and Beyond discussion

Videos > Refusing to lead

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) this is another great video by Rollins

message 3: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments I don't completely agree with this one; a leader must do more than refuse to lead.

message 4: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments He must be willing to lead, but never to expressly seek popularity. That's a good leader, in my eyes.

message 5: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments And would that not be leading them without seeking popularity? People would much rather be spoonfed, you know. It's much easier than self-discovery.

message 6: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) but just because its easier doesn't make it the right way. I agree with message 6 by G4B.

message 7: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) Yeah but if you let others think for you do you truly have your own opinions or your own ideas people need to realize this and really think for themselves and get guidance from leaders not be "spoonfed".

Now I must go to bed Good Night.

message 8: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Girl4beluga wrote: "Yes it is, hmmm I get what you are saying....maybe he needed to define lead in the video."

Perhaps....

Cody wrote: "but just because its easier doesn't make it the right way. I agree with message 6 by G4B."

Well, we all agree xD

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 297 comments ♥ Rachel♥ wrote: "I don't completely agree with this one; a leader must do more than refuse to lead."

There are different types of leaders. While this style may not work for all types, I think it is the best method for religious leaders. Then again, I'm not a fan of religious leaders. Religion shouldn't have hierarchy.

message 10: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "♥ Rachel♥ wrote: "I don't completely agree with this one; a leader must do more than refuse to lead."

There are different types of leaders. While this style may not work for all types, I think it..."

Well...if you're saying that one (theoretical) guy who sits in the back of your church and never talks to anyone would be a good leader...alright. ;)

And I agree, I think that if you're going to believe in God, you don't need a pastor for it. But, on the other hand, if you want an organized religion, you do need religious teachers.

message 11: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) A pastor should not lead he should teach and give advice. He should not say go do this go do that ect, but instead teach you about the religion and comfort you in times of stress.

message 12: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) oh cool where is it exactly

message 13: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Girl4beluga wrote: "That's not what we are saying at all Rachey. And you know that.

But how can you teach people something that is not confirmed?"

Really, open discussions on the religious text(s) are best...then you can help others sort out what they think. You wouldn't be teaching in the sense that "this is what this is, and that's the final answer to it", no.

message 14: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Yours or mine? :P

message 15: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) Girl4beluga wrote: "um...i'll send you an invite"

I joined :)