My Adventures Through Theology and Beyond discussion

Videos > Intelligent Design An Immoral Argument

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) ok I probably sound stupid here but can you explain Intelligent design a bit better I don't really understand it.

message 2: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) no not what I meant I mean what does it mean by intelligent design just that what is intelligent design

message 3: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) oh okay I see

message 4: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) yeah he would be someone I could actually listen to for awhile I am starting to like his ideas.

message 5: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments ...Why would you even ask this question?

message 6: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments "Should we forgive the pastors?" I mean...I don't know what they were discussing, of course...but....

message 7: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider Girl4beluga wrote: "Oh the idea that A higher being created the would not through evolution (creationist way of getting into text books)"

This is basically true, but we do believe that animals could produce new breeds, but without mutations. Plus that any mutation that do occur have not shown to produce new species, example dinosaurs-> birds.

message 8: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments How would you produce a new breed without mutations...?

message 9: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider Has there been a proven case?

message 10: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Of a new breed without mutations? No, breeds evolve by mutations.

message 11: by Dragonrider (last edited Oct 12, 2010 06:42PM) (new)

Dragonrider Do you have an example of this?

message 12: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Dog breeding is a prominent one.

message 13: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) Girl4beluga wrote: "my dad loves him...he wrote The Fidelity Of Betray I told you about"

ohh that makes me want to read the book even more lol

message 14: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Yep :)

message 15: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider Girl4beluga wrote: "Dragonrider wrote: "Do you have an example of this?"

Hey go check out the other videos I wonder how you would respond to them"

I'll try when I can, but I use satlilte internet and videos eats the bytes up really fast :(

message 16: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider ♥ Rachel♥ wrote: "Dog breeding is a prominent one."

So you are saying that all new breeds are caused by mutations?

message 17: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments How else would you suggest they occur...?

message 18: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider You mean the flu.

The flu can "mutate" to a certain degree due to genetic mixing, but a complex organism has not been shown to do this.

message 19: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider ♥ Rachel♥ wrote: "How else would you suggest they occur...?"

Selective breeding

message 20: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) actually the flu has evolved more then any organism I know of why do you think new flu vaccines are needed every year because the flu virus has evolved and is no longer affected by it (well I have never had a flu vaccine but whatever)

message 21: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) My parents realize how terrible it actually is for you and how little it helps you lol.

message 22: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider Girl4beluga wrote: "Dragonrider wrote: "You mean the flu.

The flu can "mutate" to a certain degree due to genetic mixing, but a complex organism has not been shown to do this."

what did I put?? And yes...like the Ga..."

People look different does that make them a differnt breed and also would that not be selective breeding.

message 23: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Dragonrider wrote: "♥ Rachel♥ wrote: "How else would you suggest they occur...?"

Selective breeding"

...And what do you think selective breeding does?

message 24: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider Cody wrote: "actually the flu has evolved more then any organism I know of why do you think new flu vaccines are needed every year because the flu virus has evolved and is no longer affected by it (well I have ..."

What they put in the average flu vaccine is the four most common strain of the flu that year. Most people become immune after getting it.

message 25: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) but those strains almost always evolve and become resistant to the vaccine and the flu vaccine is actually very bad for you you should't get it

message 26: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments I've never gotten either the vaccine nor the flu.

message 27: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) lol thats really lucky/good

message 28: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments xD I really don't get sick at all often. Except for strep throat. I get that every year just in time for Thanksgiving >.<

message 29: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider I am saying that RNA (The genetic material of virus) can swap around its information, but does not create new information, so it is a mutation, but not evolution.

message 30: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments When mutations accumulate, that's called evolution.

message 31: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) yeah Rachel is correct

message 32: by Dragonrider (last edited Oct 14, 2010 04:16AM) (new)

Dragonrider Yeah it's in mes 34.

message 33: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Breeding is micro-evolution...

message 34: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments xD Sure.

message 35: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider It like saying breeding two asexual bacteria someday you might get a sexual tree.

I sadly have to be like RGB for a sec so here a link:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/artic...

message 36: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments "It like saying breeding two asexual bacteria someday you might get a sexual tree."

...Would you care to provide an ounce of logic behind that simile?

And, the problem with your site is that it assumes that evolutionists insist that natural selection is the sole form of micro-evolution, which we do not. Mutations are another form, and those are what add genetic information to the genome. Natural selection just throws out the unfavorable genes.

message 37: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider On that article it featured what they call an "Orchard of Life", check it out.

message 38: by Dragonrider (last edited Oct 16, 2010 05:40PM) (new)

Dragonrider Yes it does.

Directly from it:

The evolutionary tree, which postulates that all today’s species are descended from one common ancestor (which itself evolved from nonliving chemicals).

The creationist orchard, which shows that diversity has occurred within the original Genesis kinds over time.

message 39: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider This is true.

Just keep in mind that people interpret evidence differently, aka ID and Evolution.

message 40: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider So you have a problem with genesis itself?

message 41: by Dragonrider (last edited Oct 17, 2010 04:59AM) (new)

Dragonrider What is the problem with taking it literal?

message 42: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider It is only illogical under evolutionist point of view. What do these people do?

message 43: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider You are an evolutionist, aren't you?

message 44: by Dragonrider (last edited Oct 17, 2010 04:25PM) (new)

Dragonrider So what do you believe about God or rather what books in the bibles do you believe in?

message 45: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 336 comments Thiestic evolutonist: God created life and it evolved

creationist: God created life and it stayed

message 46: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider Courtney wrote: "Thiestic evolutonist: God created life and it evolved

creationist: God created life and it stayed"

The bible says breed with its own kind.

message 47: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider Is it ok to move this conversation to the evolution thread, this is the videos thread?