Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Previous BRs - Authors; A - D > Clare, Cassandra - City of Glass (Mortal Instruments #3) Oct 11 2010

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments This topic is open for discussion of City of Glass by Cassandra Clare. Be prepared for spoilers
City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare

message 2: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments So I finished City of Glass and loved it. Yes, there were loose ends but they're not driving me crazy like In the Woods and Hunger Games. Was so glad to hear that there will be a Simon Sequel. Of all the loose ends that is the one I was most anxious to get answers to. Wished Clary could have come up with a different rune for him and wonder how the "Cain" curse will play out. Curious, however, if maybe she did alter it because she seemed to be able to create her own runes so whose to say she didn't take the ancient rune and make it apply to what she desired. Of course I may have to look up the who Cain/Abel story again because I keep thinking God Cursed Cain and the Mark was just to warn people who he was so they wouldn't hurt him. I don't think the mark was a curse in and of itself. Although with the whole rune angle ???? Okay, so I guess what I really should admit to is I like the character too much to want him cursed like that (to wander the earth as a fugitive) and hope the rune only curses anyone who hurts the bearer and that nobody else needs to know.

One thing I didn't like was that Clary didn't seem to get the recognition she deserved. She is the one who convinced everyone to become allies and she's the one who changed Valentine's rune sequence allowing herself to make a request instead of him. It seemed everything she did was always downplayed. Come on Clare let her revel in that girl power! We're not in the early to mid 1900's any more. We can be strong and feminine as well. If not for her the war would have lasted more than "all of ten minutes".

Was a little worried about Clary not making the deal with the Seelie Queen. Thought she wasn't someone you want to make an enemy of. Agreed with Clary's decision not to delve into the "truth" any farther and have to admit I wouldn't trust the Seelie Queen farther than I could throw her. Since Jace didn't seem to think anything of her refusal I'm guessing my worries are for naught.

Question for anyone owning City of Bones (or anyone who's read it recently) how was Magnus described in that book? For some reason I thought he looked a lot older in that book. I don't remember them saying he looked all of 19.

There were many good scenes in this book. One of my favorites was when they were telling Maia how the Runes worked. Maia's comment of "Wait a second. Do we all have to do that, too?" after Alec kissed Magnus. I also like Maia's T-Shirts. Hope if Simon chooses between Isabelle and Maia he picks Maia.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Glass (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cassandra Clare (other topics)