Jane Austen discussion

Fan Fiction/Continuations > None But You/For You Alone - Susan Kaye

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim | 181 comments None But You/For You Aloneis a two part series written by Susan Kaye. The story is told partly via a flashback. I have to say of all the Persuasion sequels I've read these rank fairly highly on my list. The ONLY negative thing I have is in For You Alone - the ending literally came out of nowhere. I was fairly shocked at what Anne suddenly turned into. Both volumes stayed so true to who the characters were up until the last chapter or two of For You Alone. Other than that I think the books are great. Definitely recommend them!

I've also recently learned that a third is due out this winter!

message 2: by SarahC, Austen Votary & Mods' Asst. (new)

SarahC (sarahcarmack) | 1473 comments Mod
I wonder where the third one will take us?

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim | 181 comments The second one left the ending open for a sequel. I'm going to have to read it to see if it makes up for that last chapter and a half.

message 4: by SarahC, Austen Votary & Mods' Asst. (new)

SarahC (sarahcarmack) | 1473 comments Mod
Yes, and maybe #3 will recapture the tone of #1 also, which I thought was very lovely but then got lost during #2. I keep sounding critical with some of these novels, but I did look forward to more of the Kaye books after reading #1 - I liked it so much.

message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim | 181 comments So did I! I LOVED the Wentworth that Kaye exposed. (Exposed in a good way because you don't get to see a lot of his deeper/inner characters) I really felt that of all the Persuasion retellings/sequels I’ve read Kaye really got who Wentworth was.

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan Kim wrote: "So did I! I LOVED the Wentworth that Kaye exposed. (Exposed in a good way because you don't get to see a lot of his deeper/inner characters) I really felt that of all the Persuasion retellings/s..."

I agree that she seem to really capture Wentworth very well. I can't wait to read the third one!