Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Book Chat > Book release question

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Why is it that sometimes new release books are released on Kindle, but not on Nook? It's almost like it's their way of forcing you to buy the hardcover from the store. But, if I wanted to buy a tangible copy, I never would have bought the Nook! So frustrating. Does anyone have any insight on this?

message 2: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments Mmmm...I don't seem to have that problem. All the books I want to read come out within that week that the hardcover releases.

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Well, particularly the newest installment in the Blue Bloods series. I see that it's available in kindle format on the Amazon page, but when I look at the B&N website, I only see it listed as hardcover. Here's the link.. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Misg...

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Oh, it hasn't released yet. I should probably wait until it releases to completely wig out. Lol. It was just something that came to my attention.

message 5: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Henrion For us, we send PDF's direct to Amazon for the kindle conversion, and to a conversion house to get turned into an ePub. When we get the ePub back, we send that to B&N. Adding the middle man in the conversion process for ePub can sometimes delay the release of the Nook version. For our house, we are trying to get them to release at the same time. Doesn't always work, but that is the goal.

message 6: by Tai (new)

Tai (msglam) Meghann wrote: "Why is it that sometimes new release books are released on Kindle, but not on Nook? It's almost like it's their way of forcing you to buy the hardcover from the store. But, if I wanted to buy a tan..."

@Meghann - I have noticed that B&N sometimes puts up ebook version of new releases within a week of the actual release date and sometimes not until the day of its release. But typically if its available in Kindle format it will be available in ebook format at B&N as well.

message 7: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) Actually some books are not available on the Nook. On a forum I go to somebody email the publisher asking why it wasn't available for the Nook, but it was for the kindle. Their response was they were not selling some digital books to B&N because of the possibility of the franchise being sold. It's pretty stupid. It's not like B&N is going under, there is just a power struggle going on.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebooknympho) on some books that are not being sold as a Nookbook there is a link you can click on to ask that the publisher makes it available on the Nook. I guess if there is enough requests for a book they will do it.

I don't like that sometimes I have to wait a week for the book to be released in ebook format. I've had a few books that the Nookbook was released a week after the hardback was released. If it's a book I really want to read I want it NOW. LOL

*Suzy (ereaderuser)* (suzyereaderuser) I've been waiting for some books for months. Now each time I go to B&N website I go to each book I'm waiting for and click the link requesting the book in Nookbook format. If nothing else maybe they'll get tired of hearing from me!