The TeenGroup of Everything discussion

Talk, Talk, Talk! > Mysterious Science Questions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 112 (112 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

Caitlin (camokatniss) | 1394 comments Mod
Post your questions questioning the world, and science HERE
Hannah had a question, which is why i made this:
If the air is full of water vapor, and the air is not 212 degrees (Fahrenheit), then why is there water vapor in the air???

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

ooh, I have another one, you know in Wall-E where he's in space and he's using the fire extinguisher to move, well would that really work, because there's no air in space and he wouldn't really have anything to push off of

message 3: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

Mrs. Sheets said it would

message 4: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 2096 comments Mod
Yeah. You still didn't get it?? Hannah.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I GET NEWTON'S THIRD LAW OF MOTION DOHA, I'm not talking about that, I think Mrs. Sheets is wrong, I don't think it would work

message 6: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

Good. Yeah I guess it might not work. I get why you think it doesn't work. I'm glad you know my real name Hannah.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah... do you think it would work?

message 8: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

Well I'm thinking yes but I get what you said about nothing to push off so um... I was thinking this would be a really good experiment but how could we do it. I think it might work. Let me ask my sister and aunt and uncle. They said yes because things are already flying and there is an other force helping it. They and I thing yes. My aunt is in college and my uncle is learning 11th grade things.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

no, let's ask Mrs. Sheets, I know she said it would work, but if I explain what I'm thinking she might change her mind, wait, another force helping it, what force?

message 10: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

hes pushing against the trigger (?) on the fire extinguisher (im not sure if they have triggers) and its pushing back :)

message 11: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

The thing that is in the fire thing. To get the cream or whatever out it has to have a strong force and it might not come out but the force is still there and it comes out and pushes.

message 12: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

the question is: what does it push on?

message 13: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

I'll look it up.

message 14: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

k

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

what, I'm so confused, this has nothing to do with the stuff actually coming out of the fire extinguisher. I'm asking if you think he would move when the stuff comes out

message 16: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

Yes he would.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

no HE WOULDN'T, HE COULDN'T, SO HE WOULDN'T

sorry, but you are making me mad... Courtney agrees with me, and my mom agrees with me

message 18: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

Well my super smart family agrees with me. In movies the ships have fire helping them move faster in space and they move faster and the opposite direction.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

IN MOVIES, but in real life the fire stops once they reach space

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

HEY COURTNEY I NOTICED THE CHANGE!!!

message 21: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

NO they stop it because they have reached the speed they need and it will go in that speed unless they want to change it.

message 22: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

Hannah, chill

message 23: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

Agreed with Hannah's little sister.

message 24: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

who is Hannah's little sister?

message 25: by Court:), Founder- It's gametime. Are you ready? (new)

Court:) H (justloveit---ch) | 873 comments Mod
me!!! no jk idk

message 26: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

ok... creepy

message 27: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

OKay twin little sister.

message 28: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 10 comments I'm taking physics, it seriously addelled my brain, I really wish we could take an alternate science course instead to physics

message 29: by Court:), Founder- It's gametime. Are you ready? (new)

ya i used to think that about Algebra! Now we've moved on to an easier subject... :)

message 30: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

i disagree, i think this subject is WAY more difficult

message 31: by Court:), Founder- It's gametime. Are you ready? (new)

what functions? aren't you on functions too?

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah, we're on functions. It is pretty easy

message 33: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

i dont get it. i dont understand.

message 34: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

functions

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't exactly get what a relation IS but I can do the work

message 36: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

i can do it, but im not sure it is right, because she did not show us what it looks like...

message 37: by Court:), Founder- It's gametime. Are you ready? (new)

i just think differently then cuz this is easy to me and most of the other stuff we have been doing is WAY hard but i think you guys thought it was pretty easy

message 38: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (last edited Oct 17, 2010 02:35PM) (new)

it seems too easy, which makes me suspect im doing it wrong

message 39: by Court:), Founder- It's gametime. Are you ready? (new)

ooo

message 40: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

haha, like i said in another topic,, i was doing my homework last night and something in my brain clicked and i understood!

message 41: by Court:), Founder- It's gametime. Are you ready? (new)

cool! ya

message 42: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

haha

message 43: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (goodreadscomsepxo) | 41 comments Okay have you guys read the Immortals series? Even if you haven't, if everything is energy like they say in the book, then how come people can't connect to other energies like, i dont know, a pen or something, and make it move? Hey... isn't that called telekinises? Anyways the people in the Immortals can do it :)

message 44: by Court:), Founder- It's gametime. Are you ready? (new)

If you drew a blob on the floor that was frowning... could u call it a UFO? An Unidentified Frowning Object?

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

yes

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

but that would be odd

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Today we had all-region tryouts for band. I got 5th chair, which is pretty good, but I'm disappointed. I could have done better, if I wasn't so nervous.

message 48: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

hannah, you would be.i first first chair in the second band... so i guess 10th chair

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Caitlin wrote: "hannah, you would be.i first first chair in the second band... so i guess 10th chair"

I know I would be, it may sound stupid but it made me upset

message 50: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

uh huh

« previous 1 3