I loved reading these YA books in the 70's or 80's! discussion

Reminisce Here > Choose Your Own Adventure

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri S. (last edited Oct 08, 2010 05:39PM) (new)

Sheri S. (sheaxma) | 88 comments Mod
I am currently reading to my 4 and 6 year old boys The Choose Your Own Adventure Book, Search for the Mountain Gorillas (Choose Your Own Adventure, #41) by Jim Wallace Search for the Mountain Gorillas! My kids discovered these in the library last week and asked if they could check them out! I loved these books (I think I was in about 5th grade in the early 80's!) and am so glad that they are still publishing them today, some of the original ones (although, don't know if they may have updated them to current times) plus new ones, too! So, I am happy to "pass" the adventure along to my children, and reliving the nostalgia at the same time! Which CYOA books do you remember reading?

message 2: by Sheri S. (last edited Oct 08, 2010 05:41PM) (new)

I remember: #1 The Cave of Time, #2 Journey Under the Sea, #4 Space and Beyond, #8 Deadwood City, #9 Who Killed Harlowe Thrombey, #10 The Lost Jewels of Nabooti, #11 Mystery of the Maya, #14 The Forbidden Castle and #19 Secret of the Pyramid!

message 3: by FlowerFairy (new)

FlowerFairy | 1 comments I loved these books! My 7 year old son recently discovered them and is having a blast reading them! :)

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellemyhill) I remember these books from when I was young and now my 9 year old son reads them. He loves them too!

message 5: by Tara (new)

Tara | 10 comments I loved these books too! I actually picked up an adult fiction version. Pretty Little Mistakes: A Do-Over Novel. I have not heard many great things about this novel, but I figured it would be fun.

message 6: by Sheri S. (new)

Tara wrote: "I loved these books too! I actually picked up an adult fiction version. Pretty Little Mistakes: A Do-Over Novel. I have not heard many great things about this novel, but I figured ..."

Huh, an adult Choose Your Own Adventure! Interesting!! You'll have to let us know how it is!

message 7: by Amy B (new)

Amy B (amydawn96) Choose-Your-Own Adventure for adults! How cool is that?

message 8: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Williams | 1 comments I loved them also, although I always seemed to get the creepy endings and would then follow all the options.

There are JNF ones that are also good. "You Choose" by Capstone.

message 9: by Pages (new)

Pages I remember reading an Asterix adventure book that had a dice.... And you turned to different pages to choose what happened next.

message 10: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Tadlock (crystaldspence) omg!!!!!!!!! I LOVED THESE!!!!! TOTALLY forgot about them hahaha

message 11: by Louie (new)

Louie | 26 comments I haven't read one of these in years. I read The Haunted House a ton of times when I was younger, though I always got stuck with the awful endings, where I either ended up cursed or stuck in some other equally bad situation.