Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick being turned into a Movie?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 74 comments Does anyone know if this novel is going to be turned into a movie?

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Where did you hear that??

message 3: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 74 comments people have been talking as if it has... im just wondering if it is?

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Sorry, I haven't heard anything about it. I just did an imdb search and I don't see anything. =[ Would be nice though.

message 5: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Probably won't, since she attempts to * spoilers* kill herself for Patch.....not exactly the message you want people to away with. :P
Just saying.

message 6: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 74 comments i agree! Thanks anyway :)

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan | 198 comments I think Perez Hilton posted a long long time ago that someone bought the film rights to it, but who knows. I have heard of it being made into a movie also, but with no definite plans.

message 8: by Scarlet (last edited Oct 09, 2010 07:39PM) (new)

Scarlet (extraordinarygirl86) | 81 comments It's possible the film rights have been purchased. That doesn't automatically guarantee it will be a movie, though. Fox tv bought the rights to Richelle Mead's Succubus Blues series about two years ago but nothing has come of it yet.

"Probably won't, since she attempts to * spoilers* kill herself for Patch.....not exactly the message you want people to away with. :P"

I haven't read the book yet so I can't really comment on that, but Twilight didn't exactly send a very good message to young minds either. In New Moon Bella is participating in dangerous stunts so she can hear her ex-boyfriend's voice in her head. Anyone who has not read the books would probably interpret that as a suicide attempt, and even having read the books I'm not all that convinced that Bella wasn't trying to get herself killed. She was driving motorcycles without any experience and cliff diving during dangerous weather, anybody with an ounce of intelligence would know that's not a good idea.

message 9: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments I don't know why, but it teed me off a lot more in Hush Hush than in New moon.
I think it's because I didn't really like how Nora went back and forth "I love Patch, I hate Patch, he's evil, he's lovely..." blah blah blah

message 10: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments I don't know why, but it teed me off a lot more in Hush Hush than in New moon.
I think it's because I didn't really like how Nora went back and forth "I love Patch, I hate Patch, he's evil, he's lovely..." blah blah blah

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I have to agree. I didn't like Hush Hush at all. She thought the guy was effing trying to kill her, and she kept on chasing after him. Totally not the same as New Moon. Hasn't almost every teenage girl fallen into the depths of dispair at least once over a guy? Maybe it wasn't so extreme, but I think we've all been there in some form or another.

But chasing after a guy you think is trying to kill you is a whole 'nother ball game.

message 12: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments she tried to run away form him after she knew he was gonna kill her. she didnt knoe he wanted to kill her until the hotel where she seen into his mind.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

She wondered about him the whole time, from how mean he was in school, to the car accident, and she still went chasing after him all over town.

message 14: by Carri (new)

Carri (carrifedor) I did not think that he was actually ever mean to her, he flirted with her constantly and made her self concousous, but I don't remember him being mean to her. Also, she never really had a reason to be scared of him, she saw her attacker and never really thought that it was him, Vee did. I admit that it was weird how she seemed really scared of him at the hotel and then let him driver her home....

message 15: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments he was neva mean. wht book were u reading? patch is very seductive and also had these cute jokes everytime she said something and was very mysterious but he was neva mean to her. but i agree, carri, well those of us who actually payed attention to the book. nora neva thought that it was patch who was her mysterious pshco attacker, but i do remember vee thought it had something to do wit patch.