1000 Movies discussion

T.V. Shows > Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes!!

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) | 1551 comments Mod
Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes are 2 of my fav t.v. shows...

message 2: by Queen Susan the Gentle (last edited Oct 08, 2010 09:35AM) (new)

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 967 comments I used to watch Life on Mars...sorta lost interest.

message 3: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

Really?? I love it so much.. I'm watching the second series at the moment.. Have you seen Ashes to Ashes???

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 967 comments No I've never heard of it.

message 5: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

Its the spin off series from life on mars.. its really good as well.. did you get what happened with Sam?

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 967 comments Sort of.

message 7: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

yeah well cause i havnt seen the second series i don't know what they did but i saw the end of ashes to ashes..

SPOILERS!!

was it that Sam was dead and he was like in judgement on whether to go to heaven or hell?? cause that is what it was in ashes to ashes...

message 9: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

yep.. it was actually really clever and I never guessed it...

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 967 comments Neither did I.

message 11: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

=D

message 12: by Rob (new)

Rob Hood (robhood) I thought that the American version of "Life on Mars" was much better than the British version.

message 13: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

Na I'm sorry but it so wasn't! The americans can't make British T.V. shows! They tried and failed to make Doctor Who and they in my opinion failed with life on mars..

message 14: by Rob (new)

Rob Hood (robhood) Jeannie, you have the right to believe that, but I choose to disagree in this particular case.

message 15: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

Yeah well I still stand by my point!

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 967 comments I like the British version better.

message 17: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

Yay! go Susan!

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 967 comments *high fives Jeannie*

message 19: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

*high fives back* *gives enormous hug!!*

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 967 comments Haha. My dad watched the American version but hated what they did later on.

message 21: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

yeah the british version is amazing!!

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 967 comments I most certainly agree.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the British version of 'Life on Mars' is better than the American. (no offense)
I have not had a chance to see 'Ashes to Ashes'.
Is it any good?

message 24: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

I loved Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes didn't have Sam so it couldn't be as good but I still loved it! I thought it was just as good.. but i love Sam so I think Life on Mars is just a little bit better..

message 25: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 02, 2011 10:45PM) (new)

You know the guy who plays Sam Tyler in the British Life on Mars- John Simm. Well I recently watched a movie called Skellig which he was in. I thought it was so good. I would recomend watching it.

On the topic of Life on Mars I wish it had of gone for at least one more season.

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 967 comments Yeah so do I.

message 27: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

Michaela wrote: "You know the guy who plays Sam Tyler in the British Life on Mars- John Simm. Well I recently watched a movie called Skellig which he was in. I thought it was so good. I would recomend watching it.
..."

I have that waiting for me to watch!! I love John Simm he is one of my fav actors..

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I've just finished watching Life on Mars again. But I'm still not quite sure exactally what has happened can somebody explain the plot plz.

message 29: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

Are you not sure about the end?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah. I think I know what happens at the end but if someone tells me what they think and I compare it to what I've seen I might get a better idea.

message 31: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

Well he realised at the end that the gene hunt world felt more real to him than reality. And he decided that he wanted to live in a world with annie cause he loved her.. does that make more sense?

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah that makes more sense. That's what I thought happened but wasn't quite sure.

message 33: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

yeah i though it was a good ending.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

It was brillient. Nothing like the American one which was REALLY bad (no offence) but it was.

message 35: by Jeannie, Its a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezes are cool! (new)

I totally agree I thought the american one was rubbish compared to the british..

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 967 comments Yeah.