Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > Ler Me In / Let The Right One In

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie (hathor422) | 28 comments Has anyone seen the movie or read the book? If so let me know what you thought about it /them.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenlopez1283) | 116 comments I read the book and saw the swedish version and loved them both. I will have to like all other times a book is made into a movie they miss things. Towards the 2nd half of the book I was getting scared reading at night while the movie was more of a drama. I am trying to go see let me in still but I strongle recomend the book

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Ive read the book and seen the swedish movie, and i didnt like any of them. Guess it wasnt the right kind of story and writing for me

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (fireweaver) I saw the scandinavian movie a while back, and thought that while it was really well done and super creepy, it still managed to be boring somehow. I'm probably going to check out the remake this weekend.

message 5: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) | 697 comments I too have seen the Swedish movie and have read the book. I really enjoyed both. The book goes a tiny bit more into Eli's background and the vampire mythology, but I thought the movie was beautifully made. The book was a bit more gruesome, I thought.

I will probably see the US version when it comes out on DVD.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

For me both the book and the movie was to slow and boring. I read the book first, and didnt really like it. Then got the movie and watched it, but it was just as slow. Might try see the US version tho when it comes out over here

message 7: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie (hathor422) | 28 comments I have read the book and I own the Swedish version. I liked the book, and thought the adaption was beautifully shot for a vampire movie. But as with any adaption, a lot was left out. I think the movie goers should have been able to see how Eli came to be a vampire.

As for the American version. I think it didn't take anything away from the first adaption. It was certainly darker, and the vampire Abby was grittier than Eli.

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather | 243 comments Saw the Swedish version and liked it a lot, especially the pool scene. Will see the Amercian version. I completely forgot there was a book. Who is the author?

message 9: by Ronnie (last edited Oct 07, 2010 12:46PM) (new)

Ronnie (hathor422) | 28 comments Heather wrote: "Saw the Swedish version and liked it a lot, especially the pool scene. Will see the Amercian version. I completely forgot there was a book. Who is the author?"

Swedish author John Ajvide Lindqvist wrote both the book and the screenplay for the Swedish film. So I guess he knew what he wanted to show on film and what he didn't. But I still think he should have put in some of Eli's past.

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather | 243 comments That would have helped so I agree with you on that one regarding Eli's version. My Mom saw the film first and told me about it. Saw it on Netflix and then bought it. I am so hoping the American version stays true to both the original version and the book.

message 11: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie (hathor422) | 28 comments Heather wrote: "That would have helped so I agree with you on that one regarding Eli's version. My Mom saw the film first and told me about it. Saw it on Netflix and then bought it. I am so hoping the American ver..."

I think it stayed true to the Swedish film, and still managed to change everything to an American background at the same time. Chloe Moretz is an amazing young actress. She kills it as Abby.

But it still

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather | 243 comments Yeah, yeah, but still, I get ya.

I've heard good things about Chloe, that's one of the factors which makes me want to see it.

message 13: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) | 217 comments I saw the sweedish version and reaallllly loved it. I tried to read the book, and couldn't. Not because it was bad, I just don't do well reading books based on movies I have seen. I also don't do well re-reading books, even ones I LOVE. I just wouldn't get to it when I had the book checked out. It may have been fabulous.

Anyway, planning on seeing the american version.

message 14: by Heather (new)

Heather | 243 comments I checked with the library and they have the book. I do have like 5 people in front of them. I am looking forward to at least trying the book..

message 15: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie  G (paranormalhaven) | 81 comments I saw the original movie and didn't really care for it. Maybe because everyone built the hype up I was expecting something different and it just didn't live up to what I'd expected. I will not be seeing the remake that's for sure.