Book Bridges discussion

BACK TO READING

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda Rowland | 138 comments Mod
I finally finished Knight's Hill. It was a slow read but glad I read it. Now I go back to books that I hope to finish within a few days. There are a lot of books on my shelf to read and still I keep picking them up wherever I go. Recently found a copy of Go Tell It On The Mountain by James Baldwin so I am giving that a go now. It is the first thing of his I have read.

message 2: by Viki (new)

Viki | 56 comments I took a break from The Girl Who Plays with Fire to read Little Bee. Had to go back 50 pages to remember what was going on.....

message 3: by Linda (new)

That is good information. When I start those books I will do it when I have the time to read through. I get pulled a lot of ways now with books to read but it is happy confusion. I am so glad to be doing goodreads, and not just for the club reading. I am making wonderful friends.

message 4: by Viki (new)

Viki | 56 comments Started The Story of Edgar Sawtellelast night...it is so good. Had a hard time putting it down and turning off the light.

message 5: by Holly (new)

Holly Morey (paintandputter) | 77 comments I have been debating whether to read this book or not and if you really like it I may have to pass on it. Does it have a plot?

message 6: by Viki (new)

Viki | 56 comments I am laughing....yes it has a plot and I am afraid it is going to be a sad dog story....right now it is teaching me about dog breeders and how detailed their paperwork must be...I'll keep you posted...

message 7: by Holly (new)

Holly Morey (paintandputter) | 77 comments I just started reading George W Bush's new book. It doesn't really have a plot and I know how it ends but so far it is pretty good.

message 8: by Viki (new)

Viki | 56 comments That is on my list, too. Glad you are enjoying it. Did you get it on Kindle?

message 9: by Holly (new)

Holly Morey (paintandputter) | 77 comments Yes so I can't share it. It has alot of pictures and some video which won't come across my kindle.

message 10: by Viki (new)

Viki | 56 comments Hmmmm...can't wait for Christmas so I can start using mine....

message 11: by Linda (new)

I picked up the George Bush book but don't know when I will get to it. If anyone wants to borrow it we can do that. I am still pondering the kindle. So far the dictionary feature is a big plus. Seems also the portablility to make it easy to use in a waiting room or whatever, and the larger print means not taking that second pair of glasses. I think as soon as I convince myself that I am not "giving up books" and this is a complement to that I will go for it. Thanks to those who have helped me understand the pros and cons.

message 12: by Viki (new)

Viki | 56 comments Holly wrote: "I have been debating whether to read this book or not and if you really like it I may have to pass on it. Does it have a plot?"

Just finished Edgar Sawtelle....it got very descriptive even for my taste....great story but depressing.

message 13: by Viki (new)

Viki | 56 comments Just started A Reliable Wifelast night...so far, so good..

message 14: by Viki (last edited Dec 02, 2010 06:47PM) (new)

Viki | 56 comments A Reliable Wife was enjoyable. Reading Beat the Reaper now. The language is raunchy and the author uses footnotes to throw in crazy trivia and comedy...