SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

RIP: Dead/Expired Threads > "It's the irony of being a vampire..."

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29298 comments Talking with a friend about Rhiannon Frater's book, Pretty When She Dies: A Vampire Novel, had me reading over my review I wrote late last year.

One of the things I commented on was a great quote/scene in the book where the main character, Amaliya is talking with her maker, Cain ...

"It's weird," she whispered. "You know, being so powerful and yet being so vulnerable."
{Cain} "It's the irony of being a vampire. Being immortal and being terrified of death."

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this post, but just found it interesting (again) how (some) vamps are all "I'm immortal, fear me ...", but are, at the same time, spooked about dying "the real, final death".

There are some writers who have their vamps as living vampires, only to die and become undead vamps before they truly die. (I'm thinking of Kim Harrison)

Do you have a preference? Do you like the vulnerability it adds when they have "one life" and treasure it a bit more?

message 2: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29298 comments Also - if you like your vampire stories a bit on the dark & gory side, this book is a must read! :D