Shade of the Night discussion

Hello! Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 45 comments Mod
this is to introduce yourself and stuff

message 2: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare Hi. I am 13 and just love these kinds of books.

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 45 comments Mod
HI!! i'm Cissi, i'm 13 years old and in the eighth grade. i write poetry and other things and i am actually extremely odd and random. i am not gonna give my life story on this one, unless someone asks for it, so i;m going to stop now.... how about you guys? who are you?

message 4: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare I'm in the 8th grade also, I write prophecies and Poetry.

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist (theawesomeestreaderpersonevah) Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me. We pillage and plunder and don't give a hoot, drink up me hearties yo ho. Hi I'm Avo, and I am THE BEST shadowhunter there ever was. P.s., for those who have not read the mortal instruments, you do not know what I mean. Oh, and by the way, DIBS ON JACE WAYLAND!!!!

message 7: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare Welcome.

DIBS ON JEM CARSTAIRS!!!!!!! heehee... i am right up there, a good shadowhunter. what's up?

message 9: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare Hey, take this to the chat please.

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael (mmdee) Hey, I'm Michelle, I'm in my emo phase right now so... this group seems right for me at the moment.

message 12: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare Welcome.

message 14: by Coquille (new)

Coquille Fleur (shellflower) | 9 comments Hola, I'm older, but cool. Since it's almost Halloween and all, I thought I'd join. I like the rule about the "T" word.

message 15: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare Yup, some people think that's a gothic book.

*snorts in disbeilief* you have GOT to be kidding me

message 17: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare I'm not.

Wow... How does one mistake such a horrible book a's fitting in with all these amazing ones? I just don't comprehend.

message 19: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare Nor do I.

message 21: by Michael (new)

Michael (mmdee) How is "T" even a gothic book! That makes no sense at all.

message 22: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare No, it doesn't.

None whatsoever

message 24: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare It's also classified under horror.

*gasp of horror and disgust*

message 26: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare I have seen scarier things in my CLEAN toilet.

Haha!!! Agreed

message 28: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare And Barney is scarier than T.

message 29: by Michael (new)

Michael (mmdee) Laura *Is Love Too Much To Ask For?* wrote: "And Barney is scarier than T."

LOL. Random, but I agree!

So incredibly true

message 31: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac Hello.

message 32: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare HI

message 33: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac Michelle wrote: "How is "T" even a gothic book! That makes no sense at all."

BAHA! T, a gothic book? Pff, as IF.

message 34: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare I know...it's what weve been discussing....

message 36: by Michael (new)

Michael (mmdee) I just find it insulting that "T" fans even think that is a real gothic book. Clearly, they don't read many good books.

message 37: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare Welcome!

message 38: by Michael (new)

Michael (mmdee) Welcome to the group!

message 39: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare My specialties is zombies and vampires.

message 40: by Coquille (new)

Coquille Fleur (shellflower) | 9 comments Hi Angelgirl and Sapphire, cool names, both of you :)

message 41: by Rae (new)

Rae hey hey im 15 and luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv rockin out to atreyu!!!!

message 42: by Sigrid N. (new)

Sigrid N. (wilddeathflowertrance) | 3 comments I wondered if this is the right group for me until I saw the first rule pop up... lulz I detest that obnoxious tweenie-bop "Glitter FTW" B.S...

I signed up for a Goodreads account something like 6 or 7 months ago, but have only logged in a couple times since then, TBH.

Is this group still active?!

If so, then: hey! I'm Sigrid. ^--^

Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Cissi. I want this group to be active, so....:)

Kay, I'm taking control. I'm sorry, and if anyone wants to take over for me, I am, indeed, temporary. I'm not the best person...but I am getting this group more active. :) tell me if anyone wants to take over a's moderator, you've got it.

message 45: by Coquille (new)

Coquille Fleur (shellflower) | 9 comments Maybe you should add a "Suggestions for the Group" topic so people can give ideas. Also, what about a book read for the month or something? Maybe a writing contest? I'm too busy to be a mod, but would participate! P.S. what is your favorite gothic novel?

Ah, lifesaver! Thank youthankyouthankyou!
I will start on that straight away, yes.
And I'm not sure....it's too hard to choose one, you know?
What's yours?

message 47: by Coquille (new)

Coquille Fleur (shellflower) | 9 comments Do apocalypse stories count? They are my fave horror, but I love, love, love Edgar Allen Poe.

I would count them, yeah.
And Edgar Allen Poe is fantasticamazingsupermegafocyawesomehot....okay...maybe we'll just go with spectacular, huh.
But honest, he is.

message 49: by Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (last edited Jun 07, 2011 08:24PM) (new)

Okay, here goes:
I won't be on goodreads, at all, starting tomorrow.
I will be back on the 19th, the 20th at the most. I hope you get and stay active until I get back, I won't be on for nearly two weeks.
Same thing if I am in another group with any of you, I won't be back for a little while.
But it's not too long, and I'm not leaving forever. Again, I will be back on June 19th or 20th.
I'm so sorry! I wish i could get on at least a couple times, but I can't! There's no connection....:(
See you all in a couple weeks! I can't wait already to come back!

message 50: by Coquille (new)

Coquille Fleur (shellflower) | 9 comments Good luck. Bring a notebook or two and some pens so you can write while you're gone!

« previous 1