Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Lilith Saintcrow - AOM Challenge

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Oct 03, 2010 06:56AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments http://www.lilithsaintcrow.com/journal/

The bio on Lilith Saintcrow from her website:
Lilith Saintcrow was born in New Mexico, bounced around the world as an Air Force brat, and fell in love with writing when she was ten years old. Lili lives in Vancouver, WA with her children, a houseful of cats, and assorted other strays.

Here are a list of the books that Saintcrow currently has out. Her Dante Valentine series is complete, the fifth and final book being To Hell and Back which was released in 2008. Her Jill Kismet series is still being added to, the newest book Heaven's Spite is due out Nov. 2010. Her Society series is not yet finished, but according to her website she has no plans as of yet to complete the series.

Her YA series (under the name Lili St. Crow), Strange Angels has a new book coming out called Defiance and will probably be out in 2011, but it's not definite yet. According to Saintcrow's site, this series has been planned for 5 books.

After the Strange Angels series is complete, she states that she has plans for an all new YA series.

Jill Kismet Series
Night Shift
Hunter's Prayer
Redemption Alley
Flesh Circus
Heaven's Spite
Night Shift (Jill Kismet, #1) by Lilith Saintcrow Hunter's Prayer (Jill Kismet, #2) by Lilith Saintcrow Redemption Alley (Jill Kismet, #3) by Lilith Saintcrow Flesh Circus (Jill Kismet, #4) by Lilith Saintcrow Heaven's Spite (Jill Kismet) by Lilith Saintcrow

Dante Valentine Series (Completed Series)
Working for the Devil
Dead Man Rising
The Devil's Right Hand
Saint City Sinners
To Hell and Back
Working for the Devil (Dante Valentine, #1) by Lilith Saintcrow Dead Man Rising (Dante Valentine, #2) by Lilith Saintcrow The Devil's Right Hand (Dante Valentine, #3) by Lilith Saintcrow Saint City Sinners (Dante Valentine, #4) by Lilith Saintcrow To Hell and Back (Dante Valentine, #5) by Lilith Saintcrow

The Dark Watcher Series
Dark Watcher
Storm Watcher
Fire Watcher
Cloud Watcher
Mindhealer
Dark Watcher (Watcher, #1) by Lilith Saintcrow Storm Watcher (Watcher, #2) by Lilith Saintcrow Fire Watcher (Watcher, #3) by Lilith Saintcrow Cloud Watcher (Watcher, #4) by Lilith Saintcrow Mindhealer (Watcher, #5) by Lilith Saintcrow

Strange Angels Series (YA - under the name Lili. St. Crow)
Strange Angels
Betrayals
Jealousy
Defiance
Strange Angels (Strange Angels, #1) by Lilith Saintcrow Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2) by Lilith Saintcrow Jealousy (Strange Angels, #3) by Lilith Saintcrow Defiance (Strange Angels, #4) by Lilith Saintcrow

The Society Series
The Society
Hunter, Healer
The Society (Society, #1) by Lilith Saintcrow Hunter, Healer (Society, #2) by Lilith Saintcrow

Stand Alone
Steelflower
The Demon's Librarian

Also, this thread is for the Author of the Month Challenge! For anyone that's new to the group, the AOM challenge is to try to read one book/short story by the author that we are spotlighting that month. It's just a fun way to either get to know a new author, or if you are already a fan, re-read an old favorite. Post here which book you will be reading, and let us know when you finish it!!

message 2: by Betelgeuze (new)

Betelgeuze | 158 comments I'm going to be reading Fire Watcher.

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I think that I am in the minority here, I tried her Dante Valentine series, but it wasn't for me. I also tried her Dark Watcher series, that one wasn't for me either. But I really like the Jill Kismet series, look forward to reading the new one, and I like her Strange Angels series. I may have to check out her other books, but if I do I will go in with low expectations as she is hit or miss for me.

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I've tried to get a hold of her watcher series, but I haven't been able to. I've enjoyed her Dante, Kismet and Strange Angels series.

I'm also excited for the new YA series that is going to be coming out after she finishes with Strange Angels. I wonder what it will be about.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments I just started Strange Angels this afternoon. I'm getting shades of Supernatural (the TV show) from it--the setup just has that vibe.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I had started the Dante Valentine series and I like it but got sidetracked with other books after the 3rd one...I will try finishing the series this month as part of the challenge...I also have the first book in the Kismet series and want to give that one a try....

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Sarah ~Sehrenity~ wrote: "I just started Strange Angels this afternoon. I'm getting shades of Supernatural (the TV show) from it--the setup just has that vibe."

I never thought of that.. but it does have that vibe.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_anne) | 253 comments I've read (and loved) both the Dante Valentine and the Jill Kismet series. I can't wait for the new Kismet book to come out later this month.

I'm gonna give the Strange Angels series a try.

message 9: by Angelika (new)

Angelika | 40 comments I will probably be reading Redemption Alley. I've read the first two Jill Kismet books and really liked them so the 3rd is next on my list. I haven't started the Dante Valentine series yet so may save it for future challenges. Redemption Alley (Jill Kismet, #3) by Lilith Saintcrow

message 10: by Clorinda (new)

Clorinda | 31 comments I'm re-reading Flesh Circus. I loved her Dante Valentine series. I really like Kismet but I can't help comparing her to Dante!

message 11: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) I think I have read all her books. There may be some ebooks I have missed. I will look. Having said that, yes. i am a big fan.

Dante was my favorite, but am really liking dru.