Writers Unite discussion

Writers N-T > RedPath's Writing!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RedPath (last edited Jul 09, 2011 03:47PM) (new)

RedPath | 68 comments Soooo, I write. So far, this is the only extensive piece of work on Goodreads.

Forgotten by the Sun

Description: Blargh.

More of an Inside Joke

Description: A sonnet for ELA class :]

The Boy Who Wanted to be a Library

Description: A short story. The title explains most f it XD

---

I love constructive criticism! So please, dissect my writing like a frog in Biology class. It's the only way I'll improve.

KTHXBYE.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

This is nice, it has this sort of edge to it, that brings the reader in. I would really love to see what the Noctals do to humans like her (are they humans after they get stuck?) I'll try to read more!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

In fact, I would like to read more. ;)

message 4: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 68 comments Awesome! And they are, but they're, like, in the twilight zone of life and death. They're human, but they're missing key things (such as hunger, thirst, the ability to get sick). It would be so amazing if you could!

message 5: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 68 comments -celebrates-

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh that's pretty cool, it's a new idea, I'd never heard of, and I will read, (at some point) but right now, **Checks time** Not so much. Promise I'll read tomorrow though.
But towards the end, do they begin to regain the thirst, hunger and ability to get sick, like it comes out all of a sudden, that would make it pretty interesting, in my opinion.

message 7: by Carina (new)

Carina Ooh! I MUST read this tomorrow!!! It sounds very interesting :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Hiiii Carina!

message 9: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 68 comments Yay! Thank you, I appreciate it greatly :)

Yeah, it's pretty late :/ Not enough hours in the day if you ask me....

Well, when they "die" they go to the wasteland as humans with less....life I suppose. The only way for them to regain that lost vitality is to escape from the Noctals and come back to life. If they were there for too long, but still kept their memories, I'm gonna say that they just die and go to....some other place that I forgot. It's like Heaven, but I didn't call it that and it's not quite the same thing. Meh, I need to read over it....

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

It gets confusing to explain, I understand, (VERY WELL!) cause I pretty much have the same issue!
But I will read!

message 11: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 68 comments Your amazing, thanks :)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Not really "AMAZING" but somewhere close. Carina's the one that will give you the best advice you'll ever ask for. Trust me on that one, although she'll never admit it!

message 13: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 68 comments Shweet! I knew this was a good group to join!

But now I have to go, so g'night :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

;)

Sweet dreams!

message 15: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 68 comments Chapter 10 of In Between!

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/6...

Enjoy!

message 16: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) hey i finished reading In Between over the weekend and honestly, that is one of the best pieces of writing i have read on this entire set. i'ts well put together and quite entertaining. it doesn't go stale and i love chrysanta's srength and wit. you didin't create this corny-ass, implausible dummy, but rather someone who has to deal with real life (despite the fact that's she's not actually life and that's a great thing. i can't wait to read more. awesome job RedPath(dope name btw)

message 17: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 68 comments O_O Thank you. That means a lot. Like, seriously. You've revived my hope for Chrysanta. Thank you for reading :) I should read what you have. Right after homework. Perhaps before.

And thanks :D I use RedPath for just about everything.

message 18: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) hey no prob. i just prefer to tell it like it is. yes, chrysanta is truly unique. she stays true to herself and her name, yes, and she does so without falling into the seductive clutches of some guy. she doesn't take on some odd, inhuman, unexplainable, unreasonable characteristics/powers....it's a lot of things. you keep her human in a non-human place that she couldn't really understand especially if she knows nothing of the world. specifically adored the beginning of the story where she going through the motions of leaving her life. i had to stop and ask myself several times why are all of these things so important to include in the story? and then it suddenly made sense: since she's informed us of her death ahead of time, she's taking us through her final good-bye. we need to know how gloomy her pending death unfolds. again, good job.

lol ya im the same with using t-rose for everything 8-D

message 19: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) wow were you considering giving up on the story? what do you mean 'revived' your hope for chrysanta?

message 20: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 68 comments Ugh, I'd respond properly, but I have to go >.< Be back in about an hour...

message 21: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) s'cool

message 22: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 68 comments Ah! It was two hours! I'm sorry DX

Y'know, you're an AMAZING reader. I don't think anyone I know would have gotten that from In Between.

message 23: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) ah don't doubt your talent. you truly have it. it was a pleasure to read

message 24: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 68 comments OKAY, SO.

I know that I've been really inactive in this group. I don't blame if you think, "Ugh, she's just trying to get reviews. I bet she's never gonna post here again, much less read anyone's writing. I bite my thumb at thee."

However, I'm trying to get back into the groups I've joined then neglected, but don't want to leave. And I've brought something to the table. The first post has some of the writing I've done since I was away, as well as a new draft of In Between (renamed Forgotten by the Sun).

But if you feel like I'm being greedy, just push some of you writing in my face and I'll do my best to read and review it. Don't do this if you have absolutely no intention to read my writing in the future. It's not nice :(

Anyway, I'll do my best to be more active in this group. I'm just lazy sometimes and need a gentle nudge. Luckily, this group isn't hard to get back into :)