[asmb] Book Club discussion

Archives > I Am Not A Serial Killer - Spoiler Free Edition

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (JK), Houdini Mod (last edited Sep 30, 2010 10:26AM) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) | 703 comments Mod
Same as the other discussions, keep spoilers to a minimum or mark them when you include a spoiler in your post.

Synopsis:
John Wayne Cleaver is dangerous, and he knows it.

He’s spent his life doing his best not to live up to his potential.

He’s obsessed with serial killers, but really doesn’t want to become one. So for his own sake, and the safety of those around him, he lives by rigid rules he’s written for himself, practicing normal life as if it were a private religion that could save him from damnation.

Dead bodies are normal to John. He likes them, actually. They don’t demand or expect the empathy he’s unable to offer. Perhaps that’s what gives him the objectivity to recognize that there’s something different about the body the police have just found behind the Wash-n-Dry Laundromat---and to appreciate what that difference means.

Now, for the first time, John has to confront a danger outside himself, a threat he can’t control, a menace to everything and everyone he would love, if only he could.

--------------------
Stats

Book: I Am Not A Serial Killer
Author: Dan Wells
Pages: 272
Genre: Horror
Nominator: Keith
Month: October 2010
BotM Number: 3

message 2: by Jamie (JK), Houdini Mod (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) | 703 comments Mod
For those of you reading this, based on the synopsis what are your expectations of the book?

message 3: by Jingai (new)

Jingai | 56 comments I'm expecting some kind of mystery, based on the synopsis something akin to Stephen King's The Dark Half.
I think this is more in keeping with the whole October Halloween spirit.

message 4: by Apollo (new)

Apollo Frimel | 63 comments Judging solely by the synopsis alone it reminds me of Dexter a bit.

message 5: by Keith (new)

Keith (oafaye) | 60 comments Muahahaha! My rec wins again!!!!!

message 6: by Katt_goddess (new)

Katt_goddess | 267 comments I mock hate this book right now. >:(

I dared to bring it to work with the plan of reading it during my lunch break and let's just say the first chapter at least is not all that lunch-time friendly. O.<

And this is coming from someone with a working background in graphic photography [ie cop, coroner, hospital pics - the stuff no one else would touch]. :D