I Gots Terrible Fever discussion

Group Reads > Group Read of Unholy Ghosts Chapters 1-4

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colette (new)

Colette  (abuckeyegirlreads) | 37 comments Mod
On Friday October, 1st we will be here talking about the first 4 chapters of Unholy Ghosts at 9pm. Please come and join us!

message 2: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 52 comments Mod
Remember, chapters in Unholy Ghosts are short (there are 38 total). So, you're only looking at 30-40 pages of reading.

...also, I'm in.

message 3: by Colette (new)

Good evening everyone! I'll start off by saying what surprised me the most was the description of Terrible. I didn't remember him having sideburns!

message 4: by Marie (new)

Marie | 15 comments I think thats what stands out to me the most about him.

message 5: by Colette (new)

Marie wrote: "I think thats what stands out to me the most about him." I don't know how I could've forgotten that part...

message 6: by Colette (new)

Was there anything that surprised anyone else when they re-read the chapters? Or things that stood out that didn't before?

message 7: by Marie (new)

Marie | 15 comments I think now that I know how things work out between Chess and Terrible, I can see that he already feels a little more for her than just a "working relationship".

message 8: by Colette (new)

I thought so to..and the way he opened the car door for her showed that that there is more to him then what it seems like there is.

Marie wrote: "I think now that I know how things work out between Chess and Terrible, I can see that he already feels a little more for her than just a "working relationship"."

message 9: by Marie (new)

Marie | 15 comments And his comment about how she always look good.

message 10: by Colette (new)

Yes-it showed that he payed closer attention to her..Marie wrote: "And his comment about how she always look good."

message 11: by Colette (new)

I know there has been a lot of speculation of where Triumph City is located. Did re-reading the beginning help at all? It didn't for me.

message 12: by Marie (new)

Marie | 15 comments No, my olny guess would be somewhere in the north. Some place used to cold weather.

message 13: by Colette (new)

I found myself looking for clues that I missed the first time around about who could be involved with the mystery at the airport. Where there any clues that stood out that you missed the first time around?

message 14: by Colette (new)

That's all I got from it as well

Marie wrote: "No, my olny guess would be somewhere in the north. Some place used to cold weather."

message 15: by Marie (new)

Marie | 15 comments Hunchback was mentioned but i can't remember what roll he played, if any.

message 16: by Colette (new)

What did you like most about re-reading it?

message 17: by Colette (new)

I missed that...I did notice Slobags name mentioned right off the bat from Bump. That should've been a clue he'd be more involved in the story then what I originally thought he would be.

Marie wrote: "Hunchback was mentioned but i can't remember what roll he played, if any."

message 18: by Marie (new)

Marie | 15 comments Just these few chapters in, I didn't remember as much as I thought I did.

message 19: by Colette (new)

Me either! I thought I remembered a lot more.

message 20: by Bells (new)

Bells | 61 comments Mod
Hello I'm here! :D

message 21: by Colette (new)

I really liked the quotes from the Church of the Truth at the beginning of the chapters, and tried to see if they gave any clues to what would happen in the chapters themselves. I didn't find any clues, but did anyone else?

message 22: by Colette (new)

Hey! Marie and I were talking about stuff we missed the first time around. Bells wrote: "Hello I'm here! :D"

message 23: by Bells (new)

Bells | 61 comments Mod
I didn't find any clues either. I'm curious about the Church. Something is up with them. lol

message 24: by Colette (new)

They've always seemed a bit shifty to me...but I can't put my finger on why.

message 25: by Marie (new)

Marie | 15 comments The Church dosen't sit well with me either, they seem to controlling.

message 26: by Colette (new)

I think it's because they've banned all religions, and that makes me think they have something to hide.

Marie wrote: "The Church dosen't sit well with me either, they seem to controlling."

message 27: by Marie (new)

Marie | 15 comments I would have like to known more about Edsal. He seems like he knows more then he lets anyone know.

message 28: by Colette (new)

I would have like to have seen more from him as well. Any other characters that you forgot about?

Marie wrote: "I would have like to known more about Edsal. He seems like he knows more then he lets anyone know."

message 29: by Marie (new)

Marie | 15 comments I forgot how much I love Bump, he is just so sure of him self. When i think of him he reminds me of Huggy Bear.

message 30: by Colette (new)

I forgot about that as well, and about the little boy Brain..I don't know how I forgot about him, b/c he plays such a big role for Chess.

message 31: by Colette (new)

Marie-Thanks for coming by and talking with us about the first four chapters! For everyone else who missed tonight's chat, feel free to discuss Chapters 1-4 throughout the week!

message 32: by Marie (new)

Marie | 15 comments I'm really excited to see what else I've forgotten, and can't wait to remember!

message 33: by Karen (new)

Karen (teamsheltie) | 2 comments I knew from people who recommended the series that Terrible was going to be a romantic interest - or at least someone I was going to end up liking so I admit I kind of read it already leaning towards "Team Terrible".
There were clues all over the place to me. The arousal she felt when putting the sigil on his head and the way he treated her with respect, how she went from kind of making fun of him almost to realizing he had feelings.
They have an almost instant chemistry - I don't necesarily mean romantic.
I know I'm not supposed to - but I love Bump. He's a jerk but he cracks me up. I think someone had mentioned Huggy Bear and that's what I think of too.
I also love how the series just sucks you right in from the first page.

message 34: by Grace (new)

Grace (liliannemarie2012) | 8 comments This was my first re read of the Unholy Ghosts. I was surprised about how much I forgot about the first chapter with Chess debunking Dunlop. The first scene made me laugh when the ghost flipped her off. Also what Karen mention about when Chess was marking Terrible in chapter 3, forgot about that scene as well. I thought she was first attracted to him when she saw him outside Chuck's with Amy.

message 35: by Sandra (new)

Sandra You definitely see early on how Terrible views Chess as out of his league (I remember later on when they first hook-up him saying "so pretty... never thought..."). And his understandable issues about his appearance since re-reading Chess' first description she definitely wasn't pulling any punches. I didn't remember how much really went down in those first 4 chapters: we get to see her work, see her play (pop some pills), are introduced to several recurrent characters, and the main mystery in the story gets started. I think the quotes at the beginning of the chapters are a nice way to introduce the reader to The Church and their purpose before the story really tells us too much about them. Also, the first few are just basic intro stuff, but later on I think they do relate pretty closely to what happens within the chapter.