Harry Potter discussion

Non-Related topics > I'm New

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lady (new)

Lady (bestnewfantasyseries) | 49 comments Hello David...and welcome to the group!

If you've just started the HP books, well you're in for a fun ride. I'm sure you'll come to love them all. I'm sort of the opposite to you. I loved them right off the bat and my kids took a long time to warm up to them.

The Twilight saga was a cool read, too.

You might want to try the Hunger Games next, outstanding series.

In Dreams and Magic
Lade Ellen
www.lady-ellen.com

message 2: by Lady (new)

Lady (bestnewfantasyseries) | 49 comments That's fine..it's really not uncommon that the first time we try books we're not that impressed, but later on, they really appeal.

You'll have a great time with them, I'm sure..
LE

message 3: by Lady (new)

Lady (bestnewfantasyseries) | 49 comments Hmmm tough one. I think The Half Blood Prince..it revealed so much, things started to really come together. Difficult, because the Deathly Hallows tied it all up. I really wished they hadn't ended, though. LOL

LE

message 4: by Lady (new)

Lady (bestnewfantasyseries) | 49 comments Oh..that would be lovely if she wrote on the kids. What fun! And an encyclopedia would be very interesting.

Yes, reading them all could definitely change your fave. Have you seen all the movies? I'm looking forward to November for part one of DH.

message 5: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) Welcome, David! I hope you love the books as much as we do. HBP is my favorite book too. And as much as I like to make fun of the Twilight saga, there's a reason they're so popular and addictive. I just like HP is better :).

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello David! How are you? I love your Goodreads picture, by the way.

message 7: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Hi David! I love the books and movies as well. I'm really having a hard time with picking just one. I think I have come to love them as one really long book.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Aloha. Have fun, and expect a lot of new comments daily.

message 9: by Abi (new)

Abi Lou | 184 comments Hiya, David! HP is so good! Are you just suuuuper excited for the 7th movie like me?? I'm reading the book to my little brother- he loves it! (so do I)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Abi wrote: "Hiya, David! HP is so good! Are you just suuuuper excited for the 7th movie like me?? I'm reading the book to my little brother- he loves it! (so do I)"

How old is your little brother? I have a little sister who is 4 almost 5 months old and I let her hold the book while laying down. She actually held it like she was reading it! I took a bunch of picture, but IDK how to post them on here because they are just saved to a file on my computer. :(

message 11: by Abi (new)

Abi Lou | 184 comments My little bro is 10 (he acts like he's 3 sometimes, though :D)
Where are you so far in the series, David? Heehee, you have 'til November to get the 7th one done!

message 12: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciaftw) Oh man, when I was your age I gobbled those books down. I used to get grounded trouble for reading late at night, and in class. I'm sure tons of people here know my childhood pains!

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Alicia 慧娴 wrote: "Oh man, when I was your age I gobbled those books down. I used to get grounded trouble for reading late at night, and in class. I'm sure tons of people here know my childhood pains!"

Oh yeah. I was walking your shoes along with you, as we say where I'm from. Ugh, and we actually had to wait for the next book! That was both horrible and awesome. I HATED knowing that it was gonna be a whole year before I could swallow the bext one, but it also made it better, in some ways.

message 14: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciaftw) Emma (Pulvis et umbra sumus) wrote: "Alicia 慧娴 wrote: "Oh man, when I was your age I gobbled those books down. I used to get grounded trouble for reading late at night, and in class. I'm sure tons of people here know my childhood pain..."

I would pass the time with sites like Mugglenet, reading the editorials, and trying to make guesses and bets on what would happen in the next book. Makes me sad to know I'll probably never find a series with that much of a fanbase, and that good again.

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Yeah, I'm with you there. I was always guessing on the next book, discussing it with my friends. It was awesome.
Or, well, I did that when I was old enough to read them myself. My dad read the first, what. Two, three? books for me. I don't remember. The first couple o' books anyway. 'Cause I was to little to read them myself. The last four ones I read though. The seventh in english - I was so excited, I couldn't wait!

message 16: by Aizel (new)

Aizel (aizelm) | 5 comments im new! im really excited bout the upcoming HP 7 movie so i decided to join your group to sneak some info :D im a big fan eversince and i really love the HP series! thats why its hard to accept that after next year when the part 2 of HP 7 released, i think it also ended my childhood :(

Jason "Book Sniper" (booksniper) Hello everyone... Im jay.. new here and love the harry potter series.. Feel free to send me a friend request :)