Fans of Norah Lofts discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (last edited Sep 27, 2010 08:22PM) (new)

Barbara (sema4dogz) | 2249 comments I would like to do the Rowhedges if no one else does.

But probably the most rewarding would be the Hattons,and it would be good if Mary was up for this because she is good at NL geneaology..............

BTW, how are we planning to do these? Just a list of who begat who as it were? With comments perhaps .

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (sema4dogz) | 2249 comments Yes me too

message 3: by Barbara (last edited Oct 09, 2010 11:12PM) (new)

Barbara (sema4dogz) | 2249 comments I have just spent most of a glorious sunny Sunday doing a bit of genealogy of the Rowhedge( Borage)-Rawley--Whymark families with a bit of Fulger too. I have made a tree and anyone who would like a copy, if you email me at mmsbk@tpg.com.au I'll send it on . It may not be perfect of course and later in it is not really made clear which of several sons is the father of the later generations, but still..... it's pretty much from Thomas and Elizabeth (or maybe Elizabeth and Jon) ... to Ginger the daschund lady and Thomas Anderton Rowhedge, the American connection.

PS the Fulgers are not related and should have been really have been off to one side, but it was hard to manipulate so I hope it is fairly clear

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (sema4dogz) | 2249 comments Forgot to say what a labour of love it was ,and how my admiration for our beloved NL has been re-kindled . Goodness, but she could write a saga!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Barbara wrote: "I have just spent most of a glorious sunny Sunday doing a bit of genealogy of the Rowhedge( Borage)-Rawley--Whymark families with a bit of Fulger too. I have made a tree and anyone who would li..."

I am now thinking I would like a copy. Sure enjoyed your neverending quiz questions tonight on Afternoon of An Autocrat. thanks for them,
alice

Afternoon of an Autocrat

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (sema4dogz) | 2249 comments No problems Alice, a pleasure in fact . I'll send it to your home email .

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Barbara wrote: "No problems Alice, a pleasure in fact . I'll send it to your home email ."

Thanks so much. I need it since I am taking on the role play of Lady Alice!

message 8: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (sema4dogz) | 2249 comments I am intrigued by Mary's musing that

" (Joanna of Knight Acre) couldn't marry Henry, but I imagine she married *someone*. Might Alice have been descended from her?"

Mary I guess you were thinking the powers that Tana, and to some extent Joanna herself, might have been the line down which they passed to Lady Alice , who, poor girl , was unfortunately born in a witch-crazed era.

I need to look at dates - which I didn't include in my rough genealogical table of the Rowhedges ...