Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Life After Reading 50 Books

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joe (new)

Joe (joewig) | 106 comments Now that many of us have finished reading at least 50 books this year, what's next on the agenda? Start again? Continue ad infinitum? Go to 100 Books?

What are your thoughts?

message 2: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 335 comments I usually just hope to beat my total from the previous year but so far I haven't made it. My first year doing this I read 80 books, then 78 last year so I didn't beat that total. Last year I had the excuse of giving birth in September and thought I would beat my highest this year. Silly me thinking that having an 1 year old and a 4 year old would mean more reading time-ha! I doubt I'll be able to read 30 more books by then end of the year so I'm just going to try and read as many as I can and see where I end up.

message 3: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 394 comments I've read 44 so far this year so I'll probably get to 50 - and then just carry on. Then start again next year and try and beat this years tally! So many book, so little time!

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurelei_) I'm aiming for 75 now, maybe 100 if I don't get a job this winter. I might throw in a re-read or two, but I'd like to say I read all new books this year! Either way, it feels great to finish early!

message 5: by astrangerhere (new)

astrangerhere I hit 74 today. As I'm in the 100 books challenge, I'll be continuing on until I've gotten there, and probably beyond that. Who needs TV?

message 6: by Cullen (new)

Cullen (gr_cb_mi) I finished #59 this week. I am on pace to hit my new goal of 75.

message 7: by Shawn (new)

Shawn | 153 comments I'm at 49, and I've increased my goal for this year to 60 (even though I'm on track to hit 70). I've decided next year I will just aim for 50 again, since that seems like a good number to read each year on average, and I don't want reading to take too high of a priority in my life! (No offense to those who read more, I'm just pretty busy with other stuff.)

message 8: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 109 comments My goals is always to hit one more than the year before.
When I make it, I just keep going, and setting myself up for the next year. :)

message 9: by Badlydone (new)

Badlydone Tanya wrote: "My goals is always to hit one more than the year before.
When I make it, I just keep going, and setting myself up for the next year. :)"

That's me, Tanya! I only read 31 in 2009 so 32 would be good and anything more would be great this year. I'm working on number 31 already, but there's no way I will get to 50.

message 10: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (3sonsowengmailcom) | 18 comments I have read 22 books so far but I don't think I will hit 50. All I can do is keep reading and pushing for that goal. I love a good challenge, when it comes to reading. I just like to read something that will grab you with in the first 100 pages.

message 11: by Rosabelle (new)

Rosabelle Purnama | 166 comments i'm currently reading my 50th book, which is great for me. Last year I only managed to read about 30ish books i think, which is quite a big jump. I'm going to continue reading to see the maximum amount of books that I can read in a year :)

message 12: by Faye (new)

Faye | 673 comments Mod
I'm going to catch up on all the TV I've missed ;)

message 13: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaglenn) | 594 comments I hit #55 today so my thoughts are that instead of aiming for another 50 in 2011 I am going for 100 in 2 years so at present I would only have to read 45 books in 2011. I am going to use that time to write, paint, draw, and knit more.