The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hello Everyone, another one from the UK

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Louisa (new)

Louisa | 8 comments Hi Everyone
I'm very new to goodreads and I'm looking for groups that fit all my reading passions! Thrillers are a genre i discovered on leaving college and I haven't really looked back! I've read all the biggies and I'm currently reading the Donna Leon series, who I love because I get to visit my favourite city every time I read one of her books.

message 2: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome Louisa. If you like books set in Italy have you read any of the Montalbano books by Andrea Camilleri?

message 3: by Louisa (new)

Louisa | 8 comments No, I haven't read any of his yet. I've been trying to get hold of Rat King by Michael Dibdin. i use amazon very rarely, but I think I'm going to have to start using them more often. I've only recently decided I need to read all the series in order. I'm also trying to get away from the 3 for 2 offers we have in our biggest chain of bookstores over here, I should be choosing more of those I want to read not what the bookseller's marketing department thinks I should read!

message 4: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

So true! So many books and so little time. We should be reading what interests us not what is "supposed" to interest us. As for series, I try to read them in order too. If it is a series that's been around a long time I might skip a book here and there to try to catch up to the more recent books but sometimes the books in the beginning of the series are the best.

message 5: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (last edited Sep 27, 2010 06:59AM) (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Hi Louisa. Welcome to the group. I live in Rome, but I haven't read any of the Donna Leon books. Must remedy that situation very soon! I love the Camilleri books, by the way.

message 6: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Came across this interview while I was eating lunch today and I will have to add some of these books to my TBR pile.

http://jsydneyjones.wordpress.com/

Paul Adam The Rainaldi Quartet

message 7: by Louisa (new)

Louisa | 8 comments I think these could be added to my list too!

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Rainaldi Quartet (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Andrea Camilleri (other topics)
Paul Adam (other topics)