Writers Unite discussion

Stuck? > Carina Needs Plot Development ASAP!!! :O

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carina (new)

Carina Alright so some of you may have already read this before but I am really stuck >.<

Ok so this is my current NaNo Idea and I'd really like to know where to go with it before I try to write 50,000 words about it.

So far, my setting is about 3000 years into the future and set on earth.

The prologue will mainly tell the story about how in the past, demons began to emerge and began causing chaos and destruction. Because of this, the angel race was born to protect humans from the demons by basically exterminating them.

Alright so the first chapter introduces the main character, Caden, who is an angel, as he is tracking down a demon to kill. Somewhere in here it will be explained that the angels believe that the demon race has almost been completely wiped out when in fact they have been hiding, multiplying, and adapting so that they are more powerful than the angels.

Then Juliet, another main character but is a demon, is introduced. She is the leader of the demons who have been hiding. She is about to lead an attack on the humans which will expose both the demon and angel races and ultimately start a war.

After that I have no idea where I want the story to go. PLEASE HELP!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

It's the same thing as mine >.<
Except that there is demons instead of Reapers.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I guess I can help, let me think.

message 4: by Carina (new)

Carina How is this the same as yours? >.<

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe... the leader, Juliet? And Caden can somehow meet? I mean it depends, would you like it to be completely focused on fantasy? Or did ya want a teeny bit of romance? Cause I think that's what strikes the teen girls these days.

First answer that question. Until then, I'll think both ways from that. I'll wait till you answer, got some crazy ideas.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Never mind, answer my questions.

message 7: by Carina (new)

Carina Well I kinda want this to be a sci-fi fantasy kind of thing.

When i first got the idea though, I thought that maybe Juliet and Caden would somehow have to work together because of some reason(maybe a conspiracy) and then that would result in them growing some affections for each other. That's all I had really thought of.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

ooh perfect. same as what i was thinking

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

okay so what you can do is:
1) either find some sort of reason behind WHY Juliet is having war
2) have minor characters that may allow one of the main characters to like, remember their pasts? (Perhaps they were both humans, long before actually becoming leaders or whatever they are.
3) Maybe have a particular date in which the war will take place? Like maybe the full moon? it always gives those type of creatures more power. and then have some sort of a hidden past of why that day was specifically chosen???

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

well... does this work?

message 11: by Carina (last edited Sep 25, 2010 04:19AM) (new)

Carina Yes I agree that Question #1 is very important! I really have to start brainstorming about that one. I mean it's truly in a demon's nature to cause destruction and chaos but that's really the only reason I have and I also need to wonder why she feels the need to expose both the Demon and Angel race as well...

Ok to answer #2) I have only 3 minor characters so far but to clarify, Angels and Demons are actually BORN the way they are. No one can be a human and then turn into an Angel or Demon. Angels are raised at The Academy where they are trained to exterminate the Demons.

And for #3, well I haven't actually given much thought about that one until now. Demons usually thrive at night being able to blend in well with their surroundings but Angels work well both day and night. I think the war will be kind of these quick skirmishes all over the place not just on a specific date or place. Both races (Angels & Demons) are really just trying to kill the each other and wipe out the other race.

I feel like I really need help trying to plot a conspiracy. I was thinking that maybe Caden finds out that the Arch Angels(most powerful angels who govern the rest of their race) are secretly plotting the world's downfall with the Arch Demons(basically same as Arch Angels). Maybe this is why Caden and Juliet have to work together? It just doesn't seem to be that well thought out right now so more ideas please?

message 12: by Carina (new)

Carina By the way thanks for the help ;D

message 13: by Carina (new)

Carina So does anyone have any ideas about what the conspiracy should be about? I still need just a bit more help with that :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

crud, I kind of was wonderin....

message 15: by Carina (new)

Carina Yeah. I'm kinda stuck. No I'm really stuck. I mean really without this crucial part, I don't really know where to take the story you know?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

maybe give a past or some sort of thing like that, that shows that they were once joined and maybe some of Juliet's ancestors and Caden's were once a family, until something happened?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

besides that I mean make them meet, like without them knowing they're demons and angels, and then they become friends, then so on...?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

cruddy ideas i know, >.<

message 19: by Carina (new)

Carina No no no! I mean I really like the first one. I'll definitely have to ponder that for awhile. It gives the whole story kind of a twist. Hmm... I gotta write that idea down now! *dashes off to Microsoft Word at the speed of light* WHOOSH!!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Phew
*Stands with pride.*

message 21: by Carina (new)

Carina ;D

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Nahhh, I know my ideas were perty cruddy. Just feeling good that ya like em.

message 23: by Carina (new)

Carina Well really it doesn't matter if it's cruddy but it's amazing how someone just offers up something that may not mean much but then you have all of these other ideas that have stemmed off that one idea that someone offered and it becomes so awesome that it's more awesome beyond anyone's comprehension (I'm really not meaning for any of that to make sense). Ya know ;)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

It doesn't make sense. But: ;)

message 25: by Carina (new)

Carina XD yea i figured that it wouldn't but it's k ;D (i love winking) ;) ;)

message 26: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) hope this isn't all that random since i just joined this group but i was just reading the ideas you guys had and i thought id add a little somethin' somethin':

how about either caden or juliet being a demon/angel mix that's compeltely unheard of. carina you mentioned something about an academy where the angelsa re trained to kill the demons, well how about making it so that the demons are automatically 'programmed' (for lack of a better word) to kill angels, meaning they know right off the bat when in angel is in the vicinity givng them a scent or smell or just something that sets off an alarm in the demons when an angel is nearby.

so lets pretend that juliet is the demon/angel mix even though all of her life she thought she was a demon(and everyone around her knows that shes the leader of the demons right) so that when she later meets caden he has the immediate urge to kill her but he has to stop himself because he senses that she isn't fully demon or something, when all the while she's kicking his ass because she knows for a fact that he's an angel. but he wont' fight back...

i don't know do you kind get what im saying? hope this helps a little ;)

message 27: by Carina (new)

Carina Woah! That's really interesting, Rose. And I totally get the whole thing. I LOVE it :D I had given some thought to the whole bit about both races being able to sense each other's presence but had never though about it that way. Also that's a really nice twist about Juliet being a Demon and Angel mix. Now it gives Juliet and Caden a chance for a relationship which I was on the fence about before, but now I'm sure something will work it's way through :)

Thanks a lot for this! It helps so much :) BTW I'm about to go and read your stuff :D

message 28: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) great! im glad i was able to help. any other q's and concerns just lemme know XD