My Adventures Through Theology and Beyond discussion

Other > Artificial Intelligence

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) I for one hate the idea of robots not because I think they are evil but they do stuff for us we can do on our own. It's like your wasting everything God gave to you((not for real))

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "Why? They can do it without as much force..it gives us more time to do things we can do for ourselves."

Well mostly what robots do we can do ourselves. I'm big on not being lazy I'm very active....And please asking me why I say stuff like that when I have already given an answer.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "Yes but they can do things more efficiently plus if you would read my comment above...they will make great soldiers."

Really....I would hate to have robots go against the enemy at all...sorry but I still just don't like it and humans make the robots so they can't do it more efficiently really.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "really? Because they are! Research it.....you would not believe how smart they are. Again scientists predict by 2040 robots and computers will be smarter then humans."

If they are smarter than humans then they will be created by God...because the scientists have to be smarter than the robot to make it and we might not even get to 2040....The Rapture!!!!!!!!

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) "It is amazing what science and robotics can do isn't it? And sorry I mean look it up for goodness sake (and not from a silly fundie site)."
When you call it silly I call it right and true

"Wow do you know how silly you sound?"

Yeah I know how silly you sound.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) "I cry at the ignorance that Christians are showing the world."

What is my ignorance tell me please and say it in your own words

"Yeah I know how silly you sound."

All I can prove is that it sounds silly to me so....

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) I haven't denied all science I'm only denying science that is not true to me and over millions of other real Christians around the world.

yes it would definitely because one believing in evolution and God is pretty much denying God ever made the world or the universe which He did

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "How is it not true?

No it doesn't.......it just means we didn't live in a secret magical garden with dinosaurs."

It wasn't a secret magical garden with dinosaurs in it... It was a haven for mankind before the Fall...

Think about it this way if the earth was billions of years old and we came from apes then the process would still be going on....If you watch Disney's Fantasia and see the part about what supposedly happended it kind of looks weird and creepy at thes ame time...when I was a little kid and didn't really know more about God and the Bible I was scared stiff almost to death about that being how the world was created.

message 9: by Kate (theshortone) (last edited Sep 23, 2010 03:00PM) (new)

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) They aren't my origins so don't say they are...prove me wrong when i say I didn't come from an ape and tell me why I am wrong and give me scientific reason....also you were saying something about the Abrahaimic view of God and how what I was saying about Heaven and hell didn't sound like the Abrahaimic God... well the Abrahaimic view of God is exactly what God is in the Bible. And sorry but the Discovery Channel is a load of nonsense to me though I like the History channel.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "a whole bunch of scientists and theologians would disagree.....um for one thing we didn't come from an ape.......Apes and Humans share a common ancestor.

"well the Abrahaimic view of God is exac..."

Yeah that's what I said...and you seem to think the Abrahaimic view of God is that He let's everyone into Heaven because He loves us and doesn't care about our sins...

What did we come form then an apelike creature that evolved form an ape right?

You still haven't answered my question it sounds like you don't have evidence.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "No I am saying that a God that sentences his children to hell doesn't sound very loving.

No we evolved from ape-like creatures.......and apes evolved from ape like creatures.

What question?"

To prove me wrong with a scientific reason.

He hasn't sentenced His children to hell here when you do something wrong does your mother punish you?

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) So she doesn't punish you? Sorry but parents are supposed to punish you when you do something wrong that just sounds like bad parenting to me.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Punishment shows you not to do it again...I mean really I have a very good relationship with my parents because they punish me which is because they love me... and please answer my question: Why is the creation of mankind from God wrong?

message 14: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) I'm leaving.

I'm tired of being called to apologize for my beliefs and the beliefs of others.

I'm tired of being stereotyped, generalized, misquoted, misunderstood.

I'm tired of being made fun of.

I'm tired of hearing my Savior made fun of.

And this discussion was the last straw for me. The issue of parental discipline happens to be a very touchy one for me, and you, G4B, are making me mad. (Please give me credit for being honest!) I can't stand to hear you talk that way about Christian parents who try to do the best for their children. You are accusing Swordmaiden's parents of horrible things. She hasn't expressed herself very well, but I don't understand why you get so sarcastic at her. LIGHTEN UP, as I said before.

That said, I am still leaving. The atmosphere in this group is not encouraging me at all...and it's not because I'm questioning my faith. I am just plain getting agitated.

This whole group seems rather pointless to me now as I am not getting anything out of it...just like the debates in the other groups...so sorry, I have to go. I may or may not be back.

God bless,
Pansy

P.S. -- I will still be friends with you, G4B, if you want. I'm not mad at you personally, but I can't stay in your group much longer or I actually will be! :-( Please don't take this personally; I'm acting (I believe) for my own benefit. I've explained myself with reasonable clarity, and you persist in misrepresenting me, so I won't bother to share my beliefs if you just want to make fun of them. I'm praying for you...and please don't take that the wrong way. I am sincere.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) STop dodging around my question. Why is the creation of mankind from God wrong?
Now give me evidence that I am wrong.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) No let me rephrase that: Why do you think that God did not create mankind?

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Sorry but how have I not exspresed myself very well.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "No let me rephrase that: Why do you think that God did not create mankind?"

I beleive "he" created everything..."

You just said He only made something blow up...so that's not exactly creating everything...and now I finally gat what youimplicating with the part that He's just sitting back and let us do anything we choose...I mean decide...

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "Okay I'm gonna re post the original topic question...and move the the evolution topic......okay?

2603405 Okay so here is the deal...if you have every watched specials on the History channel or r..."

First of all robots can't be smarter than the people who make them unless God made them directly

message 20: by Dragonrider (last edited Sep 24, 2010 04:52PM) (new)

Dragonrider Unless God makes robots or humans?

message 21: by Dragonrider (last edited Sep 25, 2010 05:29AM) (new)

Dragonrider That was a question for God's Swordmaiden on mes 38.

Doesn't the Law of Consveration of matter dispute the Big Bang Theory?

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "No let me rephrase that: Why do you think that God did not create mankind?"

I beleive "he" created everything..."

You just ..."

Blowing something up did not make the world if He simply made the Big Bang happen everything that followed it was not directly created by His Hand which sounds useless if your a God to not do anything.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "Okay I'm gonna re post the original topic question...and move the the evolution topic......okay?

2603405 Okay so here is the deal...if you have ever..."

Which the scientists who made them already knew in their heads....without humans robots are nothing including their smarts or intelligience.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "No let me rephrase that: Why do you think that God did not create mankind?"

I ..."

He does know what would happen and He chose not to stop it so we as humans could wrap our minds around the fact that He is God and He can use His servants for victory and not leave us helpless without victory.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "Okay I'm gonna re post the original topic question...and move the the evolution topic......okay?

260340..."

Reasoning robots eh? HOw hae I never heard of that besides in weird sci-fi movie...oh yes because the most reasoning robot ever was one that did small math problems...the calculator.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) "Servants? Wow what a lovely God you have...."
Srevants not slaves apparently you do not the meaning of servants.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "Okay I'm gonna re post the original topic question...and mo..."

I saw a lot of wills in their...

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Their is one part of it that is not on that website the Mdictionary I have says that and another one...a person devoted to another or to a cause, creed, etc.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "Okay I'm gonn..."

Which no one is

message 30: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) Ok I believe its a very bad idea to make thinking robots who are stronger and smarter then us just think they are smarter then us and more powerful and we are making them warriors well they could pretty easily realize they dont need us kill all of us humans and since they are smarter then us they can run our factories for power make more of them pretty easily ect basically if we do this and give them the ability to think for themselves it could make the end of the human race

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: "ever heard of a period??? ;-) lol

o absolutely though just like in the comics.

What do you think happens when they reach a point of self awareness?? At what point does it become alive?"

Still the person who made the robots is still smarter than it or it would have no knowledge.....and humans could shut them down at anytime....I still don't like it only because....well I like Medeival times and all and I believe in people doing what they can do without alot of help unless....they are like disabled or something.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: ""Still the person who made the robots is still smarter than it or it would have no knowledge."

Not necessarily..if we give them THE ABILITY TO THINK then it is entirely possible.

"and humans cou..."

Well we're giving them the abillity to think so it is artificial intelligience as the conversation title states so they are not reasoning without softwarre scientists have made and put all their knowledge in so yes

Well if humans make them it's very smart to have an on/off button now that's logical

Not very efficiently...what?

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Girl4beluga wrote: ""Well we're giving them the abillity to think so it is artificial intelligience as the conversation title states so they are not reasoning without softwarre scientists have made and put all their k..."

Ahem I meant I would like to go back to that time myself not have everyone in the world now do it...

And how would they learn the knowledge. through us the humans.

message 34: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) Girl4beluga wrote: "ever heard of a period??? ;-) lol

o absolutely though just like in the comics.

What do you think happens when they reach a point of self awareness?? At what point does it become alive?"

Sorry I was in a rush to type that lol. I know it doesn't sound very realistic but we would be essentially making a new type of life form that can think for themselves, and since they would be controlled by a computer learning for them would be very simple because they would have the ability to remember everything. Also being smarter and stronger then us they could easily take us out and continue the operations they need to live.... hmm does that make sense.

message 35: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) Hmm well it almost makes some peoples view of god obsolete (I wouldn't think that) by saying that you do not need a divine to make life would pretty much destroy some peoples religious views. there would probably be a spike in atheist if or when it happens.

hmm well thats good

message 36: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) hmmm if the robots we make are in our image isn't that kind of creating things in his image hmmm thats something to ponder.

message 37: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) I believe that in his own image means pretty much what it literally says we look like him

message 38: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) well no but all human beings have similar features lol and God has those.

message 39: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) No what I mean is we were made to look like god... God is not some giant 2 headed 8 armed creature (for an extreme example) He look similar to us human beings because he created us to look like him..... at least thats my opinion.

message 40: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) hmmm well I guess I did not think about him not having a physical appearance and the traits make sense to I just .... did not think of that for some odd reason.....

message 41: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) hmmm that makes sense but for some reason I like the idea of god having a physical appearance.....

message 42: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) It doesn't really I just thought that we were made to look like him and that means if we make robots that have human features we would technically be making another image of god.

message 43: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) well I'm thinking the fighters will easiest to give a human a gun then redesign a gun for an oddly shaped creature

message 44: by Cody (last edited Oct 04, 2010 06:38PM) (new)

Cody (rolinor) oh lol well they may have a mouth for speech and possibly ears to discern sound and what it means but nose well I doubt it.

message 45: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) lol.... I spelled nose wrong XD fixing....

*Mrs. Brightside* Robots? Hmm..weird. So, are humans coming to an end around that time?

message 47: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments They've made robots that can lie. Here's an example if you're interested:
http://gizmodo.com/346029/scientists-...
There are others, too...just google "lying robots" or something.