Mockingjay discussion

How did you discover the series?

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca ....I think the topic title is self-explanatory.

I found The Hunger Games in a cute, quaint little bookshop in a small Victorian town - I went there to see a parade. I only had a bit of money with me, so I ended up having to choose between two books - the HG and this book called Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister (which I purchased later and didn't really enjoy). I was leaning more toward the Cinderella spin-off at the time, because the HG sounded violent (though, intruging). I asked my two friends for their opionions, and they insisted the HG was amazing and I had to read it. I trusted their judgement, bought HG -and have adored it ever since.

message 2: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) I was searching for some novels on the net... found loads tho the title of HG sounded intriguing. I liked the summary so I read it and was like ... wtf! this is awesme

message 3: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
my reading teacher suggested it

message 4: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) I discovered the series basically because I was a huge fan of the Underland Chronicles. I loved that series and saw Suzanne Collins wrote another book so I went ahead and asked for it for Christmas. When I got the book I wasn't into it really. It seemed cool but I didn't start it for a while. I then told my friend about it and his sis read and loved it. At that time I read 80 pages one day adn finished it the next day, then my frend read it and ever since we haven't stopped talking about it. I personally think though that book 1 was the best, the writing was the best and amazing, book two was nearly equally amazing, each cliff hanger was great and it was just as good as Hunger Games, Mockingjay wasn't as good to me but was still awesome.

message 5: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) totally me =]

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 66 comments lol my frnd forced me to read it!!!..lolz!!!...

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Forced you?! I thoug the plot sounded very interesting, though I was worried I would read about endless amounts of gore and disgusting things. But, though lots of people died, SC didn't make the death scenes sound too disgusting. Thankfully.

message 8: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
yeah. i am glad that she didnt explain in detail what happened that often

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Yes. Books can be good without being gore-y.

message 10: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
yep

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 66 comments "Forced you?! I thoug the plot sounded very interesting, though I was worried I would read about endless amounts of gore and disgusting things. But, though lots of people died, SC didn't make the death scenes sound too disgusting. Thankfully."

cuz i was reading some other book at that time..so my friend literaly forced me to finish hunger games first....needless to say that once i started readin i cudnt put em down...=D
tho i was very disapointed with gale for leavin without even sayin goodbye....

message 12: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) ok, now I've had it! that's like the four million, six thousand, two hundred and seventy oneth times i've read that particular comment! 'i was upset abt gale leaving widout sayin goodbye!'

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 66 comments well i was team gale frm the start...peeta was a littly tooooo mushy for my taste! :P

message 14: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) yeh same here, but that still doesn't mean we shld go on abt it. this is life... move on (m sayin dat more to myself than u guys =P)

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 66 comments lolz.. u cant get over ur crushes that easily... even though i m so over gale... damon is back in my life ♥ lol

message 16: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) well I have no book crush for now!

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 66 comments well damon is much more than just a crush.. lolz!..

message 18: by Aisha (new)

Aisha Saqib | 24 comments damon !!! man my one true love..id drop every guy in the worlrd for him....oh and for jace too and oh chandler and oh...
well...dont judge me..

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 66 comments lolz...not judgin u man.. i noe exactly how u feel...possibly bcuz m in the same position..

message 20: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) lol, u two *shakes head*

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 66 comments well am... u wud b in the same position if u knew damon salvatore!!..lolz!!

message 22: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) i knw, but still. it's one at a tym, not hundred

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 66 comments trust me ... u dont noe barney stinson or logan huntzberger or joey or chandler!!...

message 24: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) yeh i dnt. lol, so? I knw aloada others

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 66 comments *Sighs* u hav alot to learn lil one!

message 26: by Aisha (new)

Aisha Saqib | 24 comments you dont fall for book characters?? what kinda person are you..lolz man i wish the realinator would hurry up!!

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 66 comments just puttin up the finishin touches aisha... n srsly amina.. you realy need to step out of ur bubble and into the world of fictional men!! lol

message 28: by Aisha (new)

Aisha Saqib | 24 comments trust me the fictional bubble is sooo much better..real guys are down rite creepy....lolz

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 66 comments yeeaa remember the "now vr havn fun" guy.. lol he freaked me out!!....

message 30: by Aisha (new)

Aisha Saqib | 24 comments oh and the smurf guy at ma cafe !!!

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 66 comments lolz!!!.. and who can forget the ever amazin trees!!..lolz!!

message 32: by Aisha (new)

Aisha Saqib | 24 comments or the sad case...lolz

message 33: by Aisha (new)

Aisha Saqib | 24 comments summing up!!! we have a long list of freaky real ppl !!!

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 66 comments ahem did u inlcude teh sad case in the list of freaky ppl???.. i thot i made it clear tht the sad case is first of all classified info which we cannot reveal on net.. n secondle the sad case is not included in the list of freaky ppl!!!!! lol!!

message 35: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) hey, wen did u say I dnt?! I just said, for now, there's no one coz i hvnt read anythin lately

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 66 comments but how can it be one at a time??.. i mean u finish one buk find a cute guy in it...n thn starts another buk immediately nd find another cute guy... well it doesnt giv u much time to get over the previous one.. n well v kinda dont want to get over the previous ones!!! cuz they are awesome!! ♥

message 37: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) LOL, well I rly dnt hv dat now... so..

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 66 comments u dont realy hav wht?

message 39: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) that crush mood rite now. aghh, my english is going downnn down down. lol, m v.sleepy. i meant, I do fall in love wiv characters, but m on a break frum reading, and i'm so tired I cn't remember evn which guys i've read abt :P

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 66 comments "my english is going downnn down down."

er dude ur eng was down whn u wrote tht sentence.. no offence

message 41: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
are we still talking about mocking jay because i am very ocnfused???????????????????

pokay then

message 42: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) @fariha: yeh I knw

@Roza: nope, not MJ

message 43: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
okay. thanx. what are we talking about???

message 44: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) lol, i forgot

message 45: by Roza (new)

Roza | 216 comments Mod
okay then.