Q&A with Barbara Richardson discussion

Welcome to reader paradise

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Richardson | 6 comments Mod
I am interested in the magic a book creates for readers, and what the main ingredients are for that lovely absorption into the writer's world we all seek when we read.

What elements make a book paradise for you? Introduce yourself and tell us what you love to find when you open a new book.

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess | 1 comments Barbara wrote: "I am interested in the magic a book creates for readers, and what the main ingredients are for that lovely absorption into the writer's world we all seek when we read.

What elements make a book ..."

I'm Jess. I'm vegan. I play the accordion. I love reading books. My school actually just started a book club after school... we're reading a book called "Perfume," by Patrick Suskind. Its about a murderer who doesn't have any odor, but has a peculiar sense of smell... I don't know. It's good so far. The sense of smell isn't a very common sense you experience while reading books, so I think its interesting that there's a book that's based on smell. I don't know, I just haven't read a book like this before.

message 3: by Saundra (new)

Saundra | 2 comments I'm a workaholic which helps when you're trying to start up your own company, which I am.
I like books that immediately pull you into the story and keeps you there because the story line is so intriguing. I don't like books where the characters are too much of a caricature - either too good of a person or too evil of one. There can't be anything that is jarring and makes you think "There's no way that would ever happen".