Urban Fantasy discussion

MOVIES & TV > The Gates

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 61 comments Anyone care to discuss The Gates here? Definately fits the Urban Fantasy genre :)

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) I really wanted to like the show, but just REALLY didn't. Actors I don't care for and stories that I found hard to follow.

message 3: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 61 comments I felt that way at first but it grew on me and I LOVED the finale!

message 4: by Jamie (JK) (last edited Sep 21, 2010 08:13AM) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) I've never even heard of it. o.O

What's it about?

message 5: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 61 comments Well, the shortest summary possible is that "The Gates" is a gated community/town where they have hired a new sherrif from outside and the sherrif starts to realize there are all sorts of Supernatural beings and people with "secrets" living in "The Gates".

message 6: by Ali (new)

Ali | 1 comments it was one of those shows that i thought was terrible in the beginning...but given there was nothing much to watch this summer...it grew on me too. I still have not seen the finale yet.

message 7: by Jamie (JK) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) Huh, that sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to see about watching the first couple episodes.

message 8: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 61 comments It took me at least 4 or 5 episodes to get into it, but I would suggest giving it a shot. I am sure you can watch it online somewhere if they don't have the first few episodes on ABC.com

http://abc.go.com/watch/the-gates/SH5...

message 9: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 109 comments I like it. It's not my favourite show, but I enjoy watching it. I loved the finale, it was probably the best episode so far.

message 10: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 61 comments That is exactly how I feel as well. Not the best show, but entertaining. This finale did things that other show's finale's should have done. Tied up current loose ends. give information on existing questions that have lingered throughout the season and then left you with whole new cliff hangers/shockers! :) I wish True Blood had ended that way...I love those books, but annoyed with the show.

message 11: by Jamie (JK) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) So I watched the first episode... it... wasn't that great. I expected it to be more like Eureka, but it ended up being more of a high school romance. =\

The pacing is pretty terrible too.

message 12: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 61 comments Yes, that is the problem. It starts out terrible and all over the place. There is part of the high school thing going on because it focuses on the entire community, but there is a lot more that happens as you go on. I was very blah at the beginning too, but it does get better!

message 13: by Jamie (JK) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) I'll give i a few episodes to really decide.

message 14: by Starling (new)

Starling | 153 comments I watched the entire season and I'm hoping for season two to happen. Don't know if it will because Network Summer shows rarely return.

I didn't even mind the whole high school thing although I wish they had come up with a better ending for that part of the plot.

message 15: by Liberty (new)

Liberty Abbott-Sylvester (iupuimom) I really liked this show and was disappointed when it got canceled. I now say I 'hate' the shows that I really love because I feel if I say it aloud they'll take it off the air...always happens :(

message 16: by William (new)

William Holden (bookenthusiast3) | 56 comments sad it got cancelled after one season