What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED!: Man goes to Russia on a group trip but separates off and meets a girl who works on a stall [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurasnora) | 2 comments Hi,

I am trying to remember a book, but I only remember a little snippet of it. It is a modern book and the main character is a man. In part of the book he goes on an organised trip to Russia and stays in a hotel. As he walks around the market square he meets a stall holder called Katie? Katya? (might be making that bit up) Who smokes. He takes a shine to her and asks to meet up with her later. So, later that evening instead of going on the organised trip to the theatre with the rest of his group, he meets up with the girl on the stall.

If this rings any bells for people - please let me know, its driving me mad!

Thanks - Laura :O)

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 221 comments If it's a time travel story...it might be Branch Point. There's a scene in there which matches your scene exactly.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurasnora) | 2 comments Thanks. Have discovered the book. It was Kate Atkinsons 'One Good Turn' and the character was Martin, who was an author.

Found this out as they are screening a BBC adaptation of all her Jackson Brodie novels.

Phew... thats been bugging me for 9 months now!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Thanks, Laura, Moved to the solved folder and will shelve/add this thread to the book if already shelved.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Branch Point (other topics)