Q&A with Christopher C. Payne discussion

Duncan's Diary, Birth of a Serial Killer

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Payne (journalstonepublications) Duncan's Diary, Birth of a Serial Killer is just starting to become noticed. The sequel is due out in December. The topic of both books is on the table.

message 2: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Payne (journalstonepublications) I have been told I should seek psychiatric help after writing this book. What do you think?

message 3: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Payne (journalstonepublications) I have no idea who Ubik is but she just gave a detailed review of Duncan's Diary. I hope I can add her to the read in advance book club for my future writings. She has an eye for detail that is uncanny.

message 4: by Ubik (new)

Ubik | 1 comments Well Im Ubik and if youre looking for an unofficial editor, I dont have a problem with that and I would like to continue Duncan's story so that would work out just fine methinks. Thanks for being OK with my criticisms also. :)

message 5: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Payne (journalstonepublications) LOL, I hate the criticism, but, then again, I can't expect to be perfect all the time. I blame my proof readers. :)

message 6: by Jasmine (last edited Sep 30, 2010 08:15PM) (new)

Jasmine | 5 comments Christopher wrote: "I have been told I should seek psychiatric help after writing this book. What do you think?"
as a psychological professional and one of those people who says things like that about authors. I would say not really.

message 7: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Payne (journalstonepublications) OK, I know I am a little on the slow side but.........Jasmine what are you saying?

You lost me. Granted, I am lost in general now and then, but I don't get it.

Hey, and you are already on the read in advance list. Granted you were just added. Speaking of, how is the Gargoyle story coming. It is published so I can't make changes but still.......

message 8: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 5 comments no it wasn't you it was me I hit reply on the wrong post now that it's fixed it should make sense. sorry.

there was a neuropsych paper that had to be done so I will be starting it tomorrow.

message 9: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Payne (journalstonepublications) Neuropsych paper? Holy apodsiuasdaf. I am out of my league. Simple is as simple does, I always say. I am not just making them up either. Seriously. That was said before by somebody who makes chocolates I think.

message 10: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 5 comments I really like chocolate. so I think we are probably about the same.

message 11: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Payne (journalstonepublications) Hahaha, LOL. You got that right.

message 12: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Payne (journalstonepublications) I just put up a new give-a-way for 5 copies of Duncan's Diary. Trying to celebrate Halloween with a slash and a bang so to speak.

message 13: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 23 comments I just gotta say this book was very cleverly put together and I will be looking forward to to sequel. As for another give-away, would I be greedy to enter again? :O)

message 14: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Payne (journalstonepublications) Thanks Steve. Greed makes the world go around. Go for it, you never know. That is what a give-a-way is for.

message 15: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 23 comments Yeah I figure I got some family members that are big readers as well. I gotta get it from somewhere right :o)

message 16: by Christopher (last edited Oct 12, 2010 04:52PM) (new)

Christopher Payne (journalstonepublications) Might I be able to talk anyone into dropping a review on Amazon or possibly Barnes&Noble?

What if I said please?

message 17: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 23 comments Oh hey I am sorry I forgot I was gonna drop a review at those sites for you. Thank you for reminding me. I actually sat here the other day knowing there was someone I told I would do that for and couldn't remember who it was. My brains been farting bad lately...not good

message 18: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Payne (journalstonepublications) No worries buddy.

Thanks for offering to post in the first place. Reviews are so helpful, when they are positive that is. :)

LOL

message 19: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 23 comments just wondering, do you ever notice a jump in sales on a book after it gets good reviews? Does Barnes & Nobles or Amazon have a link so you can check how your work is moving, like a chart or something?

message 20: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Payne (journalstonepublications) Hmmmm, if you look on Amazon and Barnes and Noble there is actually a sales ranking for each book on the book page. It varies hourly and daily.

If you purchase a book it will jump up quickly, then fall back down each hour.

Reviews don't really pump a book when they are posted. They are more beneficial over the long haul.

Sales rankings are nice but unless you get in the top 100, it doesn't really boost you much one way or the other. For us independent guys we just have to plug away, slowly but surely.

Like that turtle in the big race, or that train who just thought he could.

:)

message 21: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 23 comments Cool so this sales ranking is visable to anyone? I will have to check it out. I look forward to maybe getting high speed next year then I can help you independent guys out by plugging your books a little more and quicker. The Barnes & Noble site takes sometime to come up on here. Amazon is pretty quick though. If I really like a book though, I review it at those places, then go to Facebook and MySpace to post a message/review to my peeps there, then I look through my email address book and find people I know that I know are interested in those types of books and send them a message with a link to buying the book and if possible the author's site.

It's all about getting connected/networking so I only hope it's working out.

message 22: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Payne (journalstonepublications) That is awesome. Thank you so much.

I personally couldn't live without highspeed internet. I do so much work with large files it would kill me I think.

Dude, I can't thank you enough for posting reviews and everything else. I really appreciate it.

message 23: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 23 comments I posted the Amazon review a few minutes ago now for the evil Barnes & Nobles :o)

message 24: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Payne (journalstonepublications) Duncan's Diary is now on almost 700 shelves with 618 listed as to read. That is awesome.

Thanks for posting the reviews guys. I appreciate it.

message 25: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 23 comments Wow, that's a great number. I look forward to reading some of the reviews. Duncan was definitely one of those reads that gets talked about afterwards.

message 26: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Payne (journalstonepublications) Did everyone read the intro to the sequel for Duncan's Diary? If so, what were your thoughts?

I am always curious enough to get feedback.