Pamela Clare ~ Fan Group discussion

Welcome & Announcements! > Introductions!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 238 (238 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Mrs. (last edited Sep 21, 2010 05:25AM) (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 140 comments If you feel like telling us about yourself, feel free!

Invite your friends, let's get this group Rockin'!

message 2: by Mrs. (last edited Sep 20, 2010 06:46PM) (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 140 comments My Name is Erika. I have 4 kiddos aged 6, 4, 2 and 3 months. I've been married Eight years and together for almost 11 years. We are an AP family, meaning Nursing, babywearing, co-sleeping, delayed Vaxing etc and we try to eat well. (Please no judgements or debates on how we choose to parent and live our lives :)) I read to escape the children, and for entertainment. Also to foster a love of reading in my littles.

I love Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Fantasy/Romance, Contemporary Romantic Thrillers, and books that make me laugh.

Some of my favorite authors are:
Pamela Clare
Cindy Gerard
Karen Rose
J.D Robb

Ilona Andrews
Karen Marie Moning
Jeaniene Frost

Janet Evanovich
Erin McCarthy
Molly Harper
Heather Webber

Just to name a few... LOL

message 3: by Kathrynn (last edited Sep 20, 2010 06:53PM) (new)

Kathrynn Thanks for the invite, Shawna! I'm a fan of Pamela Clare! :-) Loved! "Ride the Fire." Been thinking of re-reading that one.

I'm Kathrynn and I've been toiling on GRs since 2007. Erika! Looks like we have similar taste in books/authors. :-) Frost, Moning, Rose, Gerard, Clare, McCarthy....I'll add: Robyn Carr, Marliss Melton, Kresley Cole, J.R. Ward, Lisa Marie Rice.... for now. :-)

My favorite genre is romantic suspense....

message 4: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Well, we need an icon, Erika.... No pressure! :-)

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 817 comments Mod
Hi, I'm Pamela & I love romantic suspense and historical romance genres. Pamela Clare manages to do both very well.

Some of my fave rom suspense authors include but not limited to...
Pamela Clare
Marliss Melton
Lisa Marie Rice
Allison Brennan
Shannon K Butcher
Jo Davis
Laura Griffin
Linda Howard
Gayle Wilson
Jaycee Clark
Arianna Hart

message 6: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited Sep 20, 2010 07:25PM) (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 39 comments Thanks Erika (and Shawna) for thinking of me!! I wouldn't miss this fan club for anything. 'Ride The Fire' is my number one favorite all time book, and all of her other books are top favorites too.

Now for my shameless fan plug! I actually met Pamela Clare last year while on a business trip to Denver. We had a lovely dinner and talked about her books (even upcoming ones!) and here is the photo:
Photo of Pamela Clare at me last year in Denver

message 7: by Dina (new)

Dina (missdina) Thanks for the invite, Shawna. I've only read one book by PC so far - yeah, shame on me! - but I really liked it. I plan to read the second this week(end) and, hopefully, I'll become a true and devoted fan. :)

message 8: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 51 comments Thanks for inviting me Shawna! Love Pamela Clare's books, both contemps and historicals!! The woman just knows her stuff and writes a dang fabulous story!

I'm also a BIG fan of Christy Reece and her romantic suspense "Last Chance Rescue" series. She's such a talented writer whose books just keep getting better and better.

Of course, because romantic suspense is my poison of choice, I like all the authors you've mentioned above.

message 9: by Beanbag, Gabe's babe (new)

Beanbag Love | 298 comments Mod
I wasn't invited, I barged in as soon as I saw this group existed. lol

I'm Beanbag Love. I'm married with two kids. I've always loved to read, but I got away from recreational reading for a while after grad school and while "finding myself". It's now an obsessive pastime for me, as is Goodreads.

Thanks for making this group. :D

message 10: by southpaw285 (new)

southpaw285 Thank you for the group invitation, Shawna. I have only read Pamela Clare's contemporary books, but have the historicals on my TBR. I love her style of writing.

message 11: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 51 comments Oops! I think I crashed the party as well!! I see Pamela Clare's name and can't help myself.

I'm Anne. I'm a "young" grandmoher of two. I retired early after 23 years with the U.S. Court of Appeals last year and now have time to read again!! Romantic suspense and historicals are my favorite genres -- but I read most anything and everything.

Love Goodreads and all the great discussions and recommendations.

message 12: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sharon-obsessionwithbooks) Thank-you for the invitation :)

My name is Sharon, I am a married mum of 2 from Sydney, Australia & I'm a huge bookaholic!

I mainly enjoy Paranormal romance, UF, Contemporary Romance & Mystery/Thrillers. My fave authors are Karen Marie Moning, Cindy Gerard, Patricia Cornwell, Kathy Reichs, Chloe Neill, Ilona Andrews, Stacia Kane & Patricia Briggs to name a few. I am about to start the first in the I-team series by Pamela Clare.

I seem to have a never ending TBR list ;)

message 13: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited Sep 20, 2010 11:59PM) (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 39 comments Glad you are here Beanbag (and anyone else who crashes!)!! Use those elbows and push your way in. :-) All is good, aye?

message 14: by Carol (new)

Carol (lucky47) | 6 comments Thank you for the invite. Sounds like we all love pretty much the same Author's and books. :)
My first preference is always the sexy Highlander stories. Love a man in a kilt.
I have 7 grown children and have all the time I need now to read every single day, in complete and enjoyable silence. :)
Carol L.
Lucky4750@aol.com

message 15: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 140 comments Silence? What is this silence you speak of Carol?

LOL

Welcome everyone!!

message 16: by Shawna (new)

Shawna (shawnalovesromance) | 21 comments Hi everyone! My name is Shawna, and I'm an avid romance fan. Romantic suspense is one of my favorite genres, and Pamela Clare's I-Team series is one of the best. I love all the authors that others have already mentioned here.

I also love historical romance, so I'm really looking forward to reading her MacKinnon's Rangers and Blakewell/Kenleigh series. I've heard wonderful things about them.

YW, ladies!

Big thanks to Erika for creating the group!

Beanbag and AnneOK, I thought I'd included ya'll on my mass invite, too, so I'm really glad you found your way here! :)

It's a public group, so the more the merrier! Please invite friends you know who are fans if there's anyone I inadvertently missed.

Pamela deserves all the attention and fan love she can get!

message 17: by Carol (new)

Carol (lucky47) | 6 comments Erika wrote: "Silence? What is this silence you speak of Carol?

LOL

Welcome everyone!!"

lol lol how very true. It'll come one day. It just sneaks up on you and leaves you shell shocked for just a bit. lol lol But I'm loving it. :)
Carol L.

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (last edited Sep 21, 2010 05:42AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 176 comments Mod
Hi, I'm Danielle. I am an unapologetic bookworm, and a die-hard romance fan, along with a fw other genres. I refuse to stop buying and collecting books, since it's my major hobby. I've read Surrender, Untamed, and Extreme Exposure, and I'm a big fan of Pamela Clare. I'm slightly more of a historical romance fan, but I do love a good, action-oriented contemporary romance, just what Ms. Clare delivers.

Thanks for the invite, Erika! Nice to see some very familiar faces here.

message 19: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 16 comments Hello my name is Stephanie. I am the mother of two wonderful sons, ages 13 and 9. I am the business manager for a small group of physicians in Springfield, IL. I have been married for 16yrs.

Thanks for the invite Shawna. It is about time we have a fan group for Ms. Claire! She rocks!

message 20: by Keri (last edited Sep 21, 2010 09:10AM) (new)

Keri (keri_45) | 12 comments Hi ya'll. :-) I barged in as soon as I saw PC's name, but I think there was an invite as well from Shawna. Love Ms. Clare, I have every single one of her books and have a place in my 17 bookcases ready for Breaking Point and Connor's story all nice and ready...but hey no pressure. ;-) I am obsessed with books and no 12 step program will ever help me...yea! Romance and suspense are my usual genres of choice. I of course live in the great State of Texas all my life and have a 13 year old girl and a 7 year old boy. I met my hubby in an online chat room. He was from PA, never been out of the state of PA for any length of time. After we met, chatted for a year, he moved here in April of 2000 and we were married that June, been pretty happy ever since.

Some of my current fav authors are:
Pamela Clare
Kylie Brant
Laura Griffith
Leslie Parrish
Patricia Briggs
Lisa Kleypas
Liz Carlyle
Anne Mallory
F. Paul Wilson
Craig Johnson
JA Konrath
Craig Johnson
Jeff Deaver
Just to name a few. ;-)

message 21: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 1 comments Thanks for the invite!! I'm Colleen and I've been a member of Goodreads for about 2.5 years now (have to go back and check that). Anyways, I absolutely love the romantic suspense genre - definitely my all time fave! Pamela Clare has definitely become one of my all time favorite authors as well. Other RS authors that I love are Karen Rose, Cindy Gerard, Laura Griffin, and Beverly Barton.

I also enjoy contemporary romance, historical romance and have also become a fan of a few paranormal authors as well.

message 22: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 61 comments Hi, I'm Auntee (thanks for the invite Shawna!)

I'm a big fan of RS too. I like a lot of other genres also--Contemporary, Erotic, Paranormal, and recently I've been reading a lot of Historicals. I absolutely loved PC's historicals Surrender, Untamed, and Ride the Fire. I still have to catch up on Sweet Release and Carnal Gift.
I'm gaga over her I Team series! My favorite one was probably Naked Edge, but jeez, they were all great! I'm really looking forward to Zach's story...

Some of my favorite RS authors (besides Pamela) are:
Suzanne Brockmann
Cindy Gerard
Cherry Adair (but not so much her paranormals)
Linda Howard
Beverly Barton
Marliss Melton
Catherine Mann
Rhonda Nelson
Jo Davis
Lisa Marie Rice
and many more...:)

message 23: by MelissaB (new)

MelissaB (melissaann) | 7 comments Hi I'm Melissa and I have been a Pamela Clare fan since I had the good luck to stumble across Surrender a few years ago and fell in love with one Iain MacKinnon. I have read almost all of her books, I love colonial American romance which she writes so well. Her I-Team series is also amazing, Julian is my favorite. I am eagerly awaiting Connor's story!

I have been a romance book lover since I read my first one at 12. I read all types of romance and enjoy talking about books here. I am 29, married to the sexy love of my life and work full time at a rather boring job. No kids yet, maybe next year I will take the plunge.

I am so glad to meet so many other Pamela Clare fans! I try to get everyone to read Surrender, which is probably annoying but I can't help it!

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 176 comments Mod
Hey, I am glad you were pushing Surrender, Melissa! Thanks so much!

message 25: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 140 comments Welcome, welcome ladies!!

I hope you find yourself at home here :D

message 26: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1381 comments Mod
Hi there!

Ummm, my name is Moi, or Toi (LOL Pamela!), or Dhes... LOL or UM or ... in truth, I'll answer to just about anything if I know you're talking to me.

I used to read a lot of things. I seem to go in "interest" spurts. For a long time I only read things relating to early Christianity or Jewish law. I was really into learning why certain things were done so I read tons about Jewish and Roman laws, etc. Then suddenly, I stopped.

My next "thing" was Lord of the Rings and all things Tolkien. Then life got busy again and I stopped reading so much for my own enjoyment and had to re-read books that were required reading in the school system because I was homeschooling my kids.

After we moved to where we are now, my then 16 year old daughter was all caught up in this nearly cult thing called The Twilight Saga **wink, wink** I HAD to read them just to make sure she wasn't reading anything weird. Well, that was over 3 years ago and thanks to Stephenie Meyer, not a single day has gone by since then that I haven't been reading something.

From Twilight I searched out all things vampire - Carpathians, Midnight Breeds, Darkyn, and of course **sigh** the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Once I ran out of paranormal romance, I moved onto historical romance and then romantic suspense and wow... my life has been so blessed and so enriched by all of the wonderful novels I've read and the friends I've made here on Goodreads.

Seriously, I want to thank all of you for being such great people, and great friends. I look forward to logging on everyday and catching up with you all.

**hugs**

message 27: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 16 comments Dhes when I saw this group I immediately thought of you!

message 28: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 140 comments It's funny you say that Dhes, I go through spurts too. When I was a young teen, I read all the V.C Andrews books, Patricia Cornwell, John Kellerman. Then I had kids and I couldn't read (realistic, killer books) because I would project onto my family life (Weird, silly I'm sure) But then I found Paranormal and Vampires and were's (Oh my!) and haven't looked back. I can thank Stephenie Meyer for that too. I really started reading again thanks to Edward and Bella I can read Crime and Forensic thrillers again (thank goodness!) and My Love for Eve and Roarke are through the roof.
I generally read about a book a day.

message 29: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Stephanie**WhatsTheSteamFactor** wrote: "Dhes when I saw this group I immediately thought of you!"

Yeah, why's that? Because I'm ALWAYS pimpin' Pamela's books? LOL Seriously, I'm going to have T-Shirts and fliers and mugs and pencils and guns.. well, maybe not guns...

message 30: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Erika, I TOTALLY understand the Edward and Bella thing. I was telling someone in another group that when I read Twilight Saga, I was **fanning myself** and I'd get all embarrassed knowing my daughter read the steamy scenes.. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! If I had known then what I know now............ LOLOL

message 31: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 16 comments All of the above Dhes!

message 32: by Quinn (new)

Quinn | 21 comments Hi all, another Aussie here. I'm a mum of 2 and currently on maternity leave, so enjoying lots of time to read. Won't be so lucky when I go back to work in a couple of months :(

I started reading romance only a few short years ago when a friend lent me Nora Roberts' Irish trilogy, which I really enjoyed. I devoured Nora's other trilogies then stumbled across the Amazon boards in a search for other books to read.

There I met one MelissaB who recommended a certain book called "Surrender", bless her heart. I haven't looked back. I love all romance genres, particularly RS, historical and some contemp.

Surrender remains my favourite historical, with Naked Edge having newly taken pride of place as my top RS.

Loving chatting to other romance lovers here on GR.

message 33: by MelissaB (new)

MelissaB (melissaann) | 7 comments Quinn wrote: "Hi all, another Aussie here. I'm a mum of 2 and currently on maternity leave, so enjoying lots of time to read. Won't be so lucky when I go back to work in a couple of months :(

I started reading..."

I remember that conversation Quinn :) Congrats on the baby! I didn't realize you were an Aussie, there's a few of you guys around here.

message 34: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Great story, Quinn!! And looky that! MelissaB is the link that brought us together as friends! :)

message 35: by Quinn (new)

Quinn | 21 comments Thanks Melissa! She's a cutie - if only I could get her to sleep through the night!

I thought my spelling might have given me away - I often 'Americanize' words like favorite and color (we have a 'u' in there), but I couldn't make myself spell mum with an 'o'!

message 36: by Quinn (new)

Quinn | 21 comments I know Dhes, that Melissa, she's a keeper!

message 37: by MelissaB (new)

MelissaB (melissaann) | 7 comments Quinn wrote: "I know Dhes, that Melissa, she's a keeper!"

Oh you girls are sweet! *blushing*

message 38: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments Congratulations on the baby, Quinn. How old is she? Sorry you have to go back to work. I hope you've had a long and restful maternity leave.

MelissaB is responsible for so many people reading SURRENDER. Thanks, Melissa. I'm happy you enjoyed it enough to recommend it.

message 39: by Quinn (new)

Quinn | 21 comments Thanks Pamela! Unfortunately she's been a really difficult baby. My first was easy in every way and I was expecting another just like that, so it was a very rude awakening! I'm now a firm believer in nature over nurture... so much for my parenting skills! She's 7 months now and is thankfully much happier and settled, if not sleepy. I wish I didn't have to go back to work but sadly it is a financial necessity (I never did find my own wealthy, handsome hero!). We have a nanny that we used with our first who will look after her on the days I work part-time.

message 40: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments My first, now 24, was the difficult one. Didn't want to hold still. Didn't want to sleep. All energy, all the time. My second was so quiet by contrast that I was astonished. It's amazing how each child is so different. It's good that you're only going to be working part-time. Working full-time with babies just sucks. I was in college when mine were born, so other than classes, I was home. But try translating 15 lines of Tacitus when you've got a hungry newborn. It was nuts!

message 41: by Quinn (new)

Quinn | 21 comments Wow, 24 huh! I bet that's gone quick. I imagine it would have been pretty hard to stay focused and awake during lectures! I'm grateful I had my 'difficult' one second. I think if she was first she might have been an only child!

message 42: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments My oldest was almost an only child. Difficult, drug-free birth. That almost did it right there. I am not a fan of pain. Hate it, in fact. But I didn't want him to be lonely. And I'm glad I had another, because he's such a sweetheart. He's 20 now.

Yes, it went in a blink. I feel old saying I have kids that age. YIKES!

Enjoy those little ones while they're little. I enjoy mine still now that they're big, but they're not in the house. Serious "empty nest" syndrome here. LOL!

message 43: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

LOL Pamela! I'm 50 27. My oldest is 29 and I have 3 grandsons, 7, 5, and 2, and another on the way.

message 44: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments My younger son and I have agreed that I'm 36. I'm actually 46, but 36 sounds so much better. And you have grandkids. That's cool. I have no idea if that will happen for me. We'll see. I'm in no rush now. Neither of my boys is married. And I want to go have a second childhood in Europe before I settle down to spoil grandchildren. :-)

message 45: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

I age only 1 year for every 10. That way, I'm really good at being whatever age it is I'm admitting to.

Hey, it works for me...

message 46: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert | 4 comments My sons are 24 and 25. They both swear to me that I will never be a grandmother. And I'm single, so I guess I can have a second childhood for the rest of my life! Let the good times roll! LOL

I'm 46 too,Pamela and I think that's a perfect starting age for such adventures! :)

message 47: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 140 comments My mom and dad are 46 :) they had me when they were really young. (just turned 17) my momma is my best friend. My first was the hardest by far. Up every two hours around the clock until she was 2. we figured if we still weren't sleeping, we might as well have another one and my next was so easy. So we had another... he was pretty easy too. then we had oliver. So far, he's pretty laid back. None of my kids slept through the night until they were toddlers (18+ months) I think that is what I look forward to most. Sleep. uninterrupted sleep. Glorious sleep how do I miss thee?

message 48: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert | 4 comments My boys and I are best friends,too! I was 21 and 22 when they were born and just kind of had to grow up with them lol! They were both pretty easy. My first one, though, had cried so much in the hospital after he was born, he'd lost his voice. All he could do was squeak. So pitiful. He never cried when he was with me,but the nurses said he screamed the whole time he was in the nursery. He wanted his mama! He's still a little intense, while my younger son is as laid back as they come. :) NOTHING bothers the child. Never has. Wish I could be more like him. :D

message 49: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Hi..my name is Alyssa and I'm mom of 3(18, 14 & 9). I've been married for 17.5 yrs but we've been together for almost 21. Like many of you, Stephenie Meyer helped me rediscover my love of reading back in January of 2009. I've read non-stop ever since.

I met Erika through another forum and all of her book suggestions (J.D. Robb, Ilona Andrews, Patricia Briggs, etc.) have been AMAZING so I can't pass up this series. When she gives something such high praise, it has to be wonderful!

Since I've never read the series, I tried placing the books on hold at my local library. The only problem is getting the books, lol. They only have the MacKinnon series but, can you believe, no copies whatsoever of the I-Team series?! Come on GA, we can do better than that. Oh well, I guess I'm off to the UBS since there aren't any copies on Bookswap either.

Look forward to discussing the books with you guys!

message 50: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert | 4 comments Hi,Alyssa! Welcome and good luck on your search! I'm doing the same thing!

« previous 1 3 4 5