Every Little Thing discussion

Books > Reader Beware

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christa (new)

Christa (christa_holley) | 442 comments Mod
Books that you have read but wish you never had. Please share your bad experiences with us.

message 2: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments never EVER read the book hachet. holy crap that book was very boring. no offence to anyone who read and liked it. we read it in school last year and I wanted to tear the book in half

message 3: by Amby (new)

Amby (skys) | 734 comments Mod
Brooke wrote: "never EVER read the book hachet. holy crap that book was very boring. no offence to anyone who read and liked it. we read it in school last year and I wanted to tear the book in half"

Thanx for that. I have it on my to reads list and never got around to reading it(even when my mom owns it)I think I secretly never wanted to read it when everybody kept on saying how good it was. It seemed like a very boring book just by the cover.

message 4: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) Hatchet was extremely boring.

message 5: by Christa (new)

what is it about? One word title. . .I'm clueless. . .

message 6: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments Christa wrote: "what is it about? One word title. . .I'm clueless. . ."

its about this dude who is going out to visit his dad and then the plane he's in crahes out in the bush. thats like the most exciting part in the whole book. then pretty much he just tries to survive and in every chapter he does the same frickin thing. its really annoying

message 7: by check (new)

check WItness By Karen Hess. I had to read it for school and its in a weird poetry format but the author does NOT pull it off. I could hardly tell what was going on.

message 8: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) Okay how about 1984. GAH! That book drove me crazy.

message 9: by check (new)

check George Orwell is a horrible author when it comes to dystopian fiction. His novel, Animal Farm, sucked as well.

message 10: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) I actually like animal farm. It was just that 1984 was one that you thought would end well but didn't

message 11: by Christa (new)

Brooke wrote: "Christa wrote: "what is it about? One word title. . .I'm clueless. . ."

its about this dude who is going out to visit his dad and then the plane he's in crahes out in the bush. thats like the mo..."

OOOOOOOOOO :X yeah I would probably go crazy reading that.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Fangs sister!(Is a Sand Fariy!!) wrote: "Hatchet was extremely boring."

We had to read that in school, I didn't think it was that bad when I was done but it is a pretty boring book. I have not read anything else written by the author.

message 13: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments i dont dare read anything else of his. it may put me to sleep

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (nathanlarry) The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver, and His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman. The first book was required for school, and I should have spent the time practicing writing with my left hand. The trilogy I read for fun, and I really liked it, until the end. I wanted to cry. I wish I could erase my memory.

message 15: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) Michelle wrote: "The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver, and His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman. The first book was required for school, and I should have spent the time practicing writing with my left hand..."

THE BEAN TREES WAS AMAZING!!

message 16: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) Lol...I liked The Bean Tree too.

But the comment about using that time to learn to write with your left hand had me laughing :D

message 17: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 16 comments I really enjoyed The Bean Trees when I read it - it has been a long time though

message 18: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) Same here. I had to read it in high school. Really all I remember is that it's about a girl who goes on a journey, finds a little kid and names (her?) Turtle, there is a blind old lady that loves to wear red and a tire store. Oh!, and two illegals trying to make it in the U.S. I think. And I remember that I liked it. Lol...