What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. US President, Blind Aide, replace by a double!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda9586 (new)

Amanda9586 | 2 comments ..... ok this is a long shot but its been bugging me for about 8 years now! I was reading this book which I was very much enjoying when I left it in a hotel room - no idea of the title or the author but the story as I remember it was something like.....

President of US has a blind assistant - they are on a boat and someone assassinates president and replaces him with a plastic surgery look a like...... then man washed up on beach badly sunburnt and injured who they take to hospital and think he is mentally impaired because he keeps saying he is the president.....

Honestly it may sound terrible but it was good to the point I lost it and I've been looking for it ever since. Now I'm thinking I imagined it.....

HELP!

message 2: by Amanda9586 (new)

Amanda9586 | 2 comments Not sure if this has not got any replies because its down on the list so posting this in the hope that it comes back to the top and someone can help!

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Amanda9586 wrote: "Not sure if this has not got any replies because its down on the list so posting this in the hope that it comes back to the top and someone can help!"

Yes, it was definitely time to bump it up! Good luck!

message 4: by Regan (new)

Regan (livingscenery) | 47 comments Could it be The Book of Fate?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40166 comments Mod
The Book of Fate seems to be from 2006, Amanda's book was published 2002 at the latest, it sounds like. Amanda, are you still looking for this book?

message 6: by Feliks (last edited Aug 22, 2013 05:18PM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) I recollect a novel about a blind US President.

It was called Full Disclosure
written by William Safire, one-time White House insider.

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Ok, Amanda hasn't done anything in GR since posting this thread. I've sent her a PM--if no reply, the next Mod to read this can move it down to Abandoned.