What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Long Walk
This topic is about The Long Walk
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Children are entered into a march where only one can survive [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly H. (Maybedog) (maybedog) | 32 comments I was reminded of this book when I tried to read The Hunger Games. In it, a boy's family sends him to be part of this march where the goal is for only one person to be alive at the end. That person wins a ton of money or something. Soldiers march along side the children (I only remember boys) and shoot them if they go below 4 mph, fall over, etc. He of course befriends another boy as they march and has the ethical dilemma at the end of course.

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides (upsight) | 289 comments The Long Walk? (By Stephen King, originally published under Richard Bachman pseudonym.)

Kelly H. (Maybedog) (maybedog) | 32 comments That definitely sounds like it, although I was sure I read it earlier than that. I will definitely find at the library and see if that's the one. Thanks so much, Nikki!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Kelly, Please let us know when you figure it out. When do you think you read it?

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Kelly, It looks as though in another group you posted this is the book.

Can you/I move it to its solved folder and shelve it?

Thanks!

message 6: by Kelly H. (Maybedog) (last edited Sep 20, 2010 02:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelly H. (Maybedog) (maybedog) | 32 comments Yes, I was in the process of coming back here and saying it was solved but I got distracted. I found a synopsis online and this is definitely the book. Thanks!

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Thanks, Kelly!