Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Log-Cabin Lady: is the combiner broken?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keith (last edited Sep 17, 2010 08:49PM) (new)

Keith (kgf0) | 352 comments If been working on cleaning up The Log Cabin Lady. It was listed under a variety of non-Authors, which (mistake #1?) I changed to Anonymous. Then I tried to combine them, which was a pain because there are so many books there. Once I found them all, attempts to combine failed - the icon just spins and spins going nowhere.

So, aha! I thought. I have a cunning plan! The combiner is probably choking on the size of the Anonymous record, so I'll move them all to AnonymousLCL, combine them there, and remerge AnonymousLCL back into the main Anonymous. Alas, this is perhaps mistake #2, as the combiner still fails in the same manner.

So is the combiner broken? Is it just me? Do I need help from a super-librarian? Should I have given up and gone home hours ago?

EDIT: According to this thread on Feedback the combiner is down. I'll get back to fixing the last of these edits once it's back up.

message 2: by Lisa (last edited Sep 17, 2010 08:53PM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments Yes, at the moment it is broken, for everybody:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44982 comments Mod
Looks like the combines too retroactively. So you can recombine your "author" back with the main Anonymous.

message 4: by Keith (new)

Keith (kgf0) | 352 comments Done.