Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > multiple version series

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by willaful (new)

willaful I came across this and wondered what people thought of this style (including multiple series in one): http://www.goodreads.com/series/50604...

I think my preference is to do them separately, with links between them all. Seems tidier and a lot easier to manage updates.

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For | 949 comments I think this is a case where there should be a "universe" or "franchise" series containing all of the works, with separate, more focused series for the subtypes (original books, graphic novels, tv novelizations, etc.).

message 3: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Oh, that was me. I'm sorry! I meant to bring that in here and ask what y'all thought, but I must have lost the tab when my computer crashed and then forgotten about it. So, survey says no, then? Here's a counterexample of a series I broke out by type.

(My reasoning was along the lines of being concerned that the "misc" books, the ones not identifiable as any part of a subseries, seemed likely to get lost in the giant list of books in the franchise -- I suppose it doesn't really matter from this side, since the really important part is getting from the book to the series and not vice versa....)