The Sword and Laser discussion

The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
This topic is about The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
2010 Reads > TMIAHM: poll: When will Veronica finish 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6090 comments a. one week
b. two weeks
c. three weeks
d. don't hold your breath

Sean O'Hara (seanohara) | 2365 comments I think it'll be before she finishes Memoirs Found in a Bathtub.

Stan Slaughter | 359 comments It's been about 2 months, or aproximatly 60 days since we started. We'll give Veronica the benefit of a doubt and say she is 3/4ths through the book. That's about 96 to 100 pages left.

Using Optimism as a guide - Buckle down and read straight through and its done in 3 hours.

Using the past as a guide - Continue at the same speed and it's done in half a month.

Using reality as a guide - Don't be silly - it will never happen.

message 4: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new) - rated it 3 stars

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1664 comments Mod
I just started Part 2 :(

David Blaylock (cablemonkey) | 3 comments If we tell her there is a Unicorn or Wizard that is introduced late in the book, she might finish it this afternoon. ;)

message 6: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6090 comments Perhaps the audio version at 2x speed!

terpkristin | 4117 comments I recommend giving up on it. It really wasn't all that NOR was it a bag of chips.

message 8: by Vvxn (new)

Vvxn | 5 comments Ugh. I sympathize, Veronica. I'm way behind, too.

Brent Quigley (mrquiggles) | 6 comments Hopefully before it passes into the Alternate History genre...

Daniel | 17 comments Tamahome is right. Listen to the audio version. You can have it done in a day.

message 11: by Jlawrence, S&L Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jlawrence | 960 comments Mod
Maybe if Tom should record a audio version of it using his favorite Russian accent, Veronica would finish that faster?