TWILIGHT HATERS! discussion

Writing Corner > So this is the Writing Corner

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GSGS, I'm giving ANYONE Butterbeer. (new)

GSGS | 3406 comments Mod
((aww you have different ratings to what Im used to))

OK a totally random extract from the novel I'm writing. I suppose it is rated G...
I bent over and picked up a branch off the forest floor. I tapped it absently against my leg. I looked over at my friends, who were staring glumly at the ground.
“I need to bash something. Any volunteers?” Nobody said anything, they just continued to gaze dejectedly at nothing. I growled, then materialized to a point about one hundred metres away, and, using my branch, started whacking a bush. Boy, it felt good. I felt a tiny portion of my anger melt away with each time I swung back my stick and hit the bush. I was just about to finish smashing the bush when something hit me hard in the side. I gasped and staggered backwards. I barely registered the face of my attacker before it hit out again. I ducked the punch and swung around. I used the stranger’s surprise at my speed to my advantage and hit at its back. It fell forward, but grabbed my wrist in the process, so I collapsed too. I rolled over as soon as I hit the ground and held my opponent’s arms, trying to stop it from striking me again. We rolled over a couple of times. Finally, I managed to pin my rival to the ground. I struggled to get my breath back. I looked down at the girl I had trapped. She looked annoyed at herself and snarled at me when I looked curiously at her.
“Get off me,” she hissed. I stood up and dusted myself off, watching as she did the same. She was tall and fit. Her face was lightly tanned and her eyes flashed a strange green colour. But the most distinct thing about her was her hair: dark and almost dead straight, it cascaded all the way to the back of her knees, even in its ponytail.
“Who are you?” I asked suspiciously. After all, she had randomly attacked me. Wouldn’t you kinda be wary too?
“Edge,” she mumbled. “And if you’re hear to recapture me, I’m gonna tell you this now. I’m fighting. I’m fighting to the end.” Her voice was hard, but I could detect a waver of fear behind it.
“Uh… I’m not here to capture you. I was actually… uh, taking my anger out on the bush.” I waved my hand at the bush, which was now a few splinters and some shredded leaves.

message 2: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

my short stories

they would be pg-13 because they are violent

message 3: by GSGS, I'm giving ANYONE Butterbeer. (new)

GSGS | 3406 comments Mod
Sorry I didn'r get that!
Maybe each person could have their own thread and then post their stories there, so there would be 'GSGS's Writing' and 'Lizzy's Writing' and 'Cody's Writing' etc etc.

message 4: by GSGS, I'm giving ANYONE Butterbeer. (new)

GSGS | 3406 comments Mod
wow this is cofusing.

message 5: by GSGS, I'm giving ANYONE Butterbeer. (new)

GSGS | 3406 comments Mod
Not another topic...
Sorry for the delay, I had to go and open a window for the dude who is currently putting a roller door on our garage, he needed a powerpoint and then my mum made me make my bed...

message 6: by GSGS, I'm giving ANYONE Butterbeer. (new)

GSGS | 3406 comments Mod
Oh, I'm confused about the differences between category and topic, OK?

message 7: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) oh I will post that under a thread which i will entitle Cody's Writing lol

message 8: by GSGS, I'm giving ANYONE Butterbeer. (new)

GSGS | 3406 comments Mod
okey dokey

message 9: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) I could do that I will change the title to Cody's Short stories so I dont confuse anyone

message 10: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) each story has an individual title just click on the link and they are all in a folder called Short stories and each chapter is its own story.... did that make sense

message 11: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) good lol

message 12: by GSGS, I'm giving ANYONE Butterbeer. (new)

GSGS | 3406 comments Mod
Nope.

message 13: by Savita, I'm NOT giving away Butterbeer. (new)

Savita (haltranger) | 2117 comments Mod
I'm confused.

message 14: by Savita, I'm NOT giving away Butterbeer. (new)

I don't know. The last...20 posts.

message 15: by Savita, I'm NOT giving away Butterbeer. (new)

Yep.

message 16: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 742 comments why don't you just join writing groups and only talk about hating Twilight here?

message 17: by Savita, I'm NOT giving away Butterbeer. (new)

????

message 18: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 742 comments i'll just post random links to related stuff ive written in my group k?

message 19: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 742 comments yayz! XD